Trying to find Item (model) number of my Benelli M4.

CDL64

Hi -

I recently bought a Benelli M4. I am having a tough time figuring out what item or model number it is. Where is it listed on the shotgun itself? I have the serial number. Any help would be appreciated - Thanks!

You could probably figure it out in reverse by looking at the components and comparing those to the various model descriptions, but I have had trouble myself finding an all-inclusive list that describes the features of each model. 

Some of the model distinctions are pretty subtle (eg. 11715 vs 11721 is just night sights vs regular sights).  Maybe start by posting a picture...?  Some of the experienced people here could probably nail it down pretty quickly with a few key questions after that.

Edited by pi314
  • Upvote 1

I think I figured it out. I emailed Benelli the serial number, they came back and said it was an M4 H20 12ga PG. from 2014. Item # 11718. Not what I was expecting at all. I haven't been able to find anything on model 11718. Can someone please explain how this model differs from other H20's and a standard M4? Thanks!

Mine came exactly as yours is with the straight PG stock and the black magazine restrictor. I bought it new in 2014. Nothing really to note except that ours are the original real deal NP3 plated H20 guns done by ROBAR. Somewhat of a collectors item. Not much else to say about them except that they command a higher price and the actions run as smooth as greased lightening. Be happy you scored!

I tried to upload a picture of the box end that my gun was in but alas, it's not working. It just says; 11718 M4 H20 12ga PG some bar codes and the serial number of the gun. That's it.

Edited by Evolution
  • Like 1

I believe the model 11718 just denoted that the gun was an NP3 plated H20 model with a 5 round restriction that originally shipped with the straight PG stock. Only because that is exactly how mine came new in the box.

Some other info; ROBAR stopped doing the NP3 plating for Benelli  years ago. NP3 is an electroless nickel impregnated with Teflon. The current H20 M4's are CeraKote finished - a ceramic coating. If you didn't know.?

Edited by Evolution