Benelli Shipping Issues!!!

Wirenut

Okay, This is more of a vent then anything else, so here goes. Looking into purchasing a New Ultralight in southern Minnesota where I am from. After checking with aprox. (8-10) retailers in a 100 mile radius, it appears there is to be none found. All say the same thing, shipping from factory is horrible, they would not even attempt to give a date, and almost laughed me out of the stores when asked is there a way to special order one!!!

This gun was introduced some time ago..... Why try and market it if you cannot produce and ship a reasonable amount? I guess I am my disgusted with the situation then any thing. It is not a big deal not to have a new gun in the cabinet, just the fact Benelli's are by far the most expensive sporting gun out there, then they cannot produce enough for supply and demand....So they want you to patiently wait, and wait, and wait....and finally give up $1200 hard earned dollars, when all along....Lets be honest here, some of those other guns on the retailers racks are just as good in the field for less $$$.

So I ask myself....Why do I/We put ourselv's through this foolish mind game? Is it the name were after....Bragging rights to friends...Or some other foolish thing???

Allright, I'm done for now...Let me know if I'm the only one here dissapointed in Bennelli's way of doing business, as well as this dumb mind game we play, or at least i play??? :mad:

I just found a couple in about 15 seconds.

I could have either one in hand in less than ten days, and the prices look good.

I also found a dealer who's taking orders for them and offers free shipping.

I really didn't suffer all that much searching for them, so I'm afraid I'm not qualified to answer your philosophical questions.

No telling what I could come up with if I really wanted one. :D

Originally posted by Wirenut:

Okay, This is more of a vent then anything else, so here goes. Looking into purchasing a New Ultralight in southern Minnesota where I am from. After checking with aprox. (8-10) retailers in a 100 mile radius, it appears there is to be none found. All say the same thing, shipping from factory is horrible, they would not even attempt to give a date, and almost laughed me out of the stores when asked is there a way to special order one!!!

This gun was introduced some time ago..... Why try and market it if you cannot produce and ship a reasonable amount? I guess I am my disgusted with the situation then any thing. It is not a big deal not to have a new gun in the cabinet, just the fact Benelli's are by far the most expensive sporting gun out there, then they cannot produce enough for supply and demand....So they want you to patiently wait, and wait, and wait....and finally give up $1200 hard earned dollars, when all along....Lets be honest here, some of those other guns on the retailers racks are just as good in the field for less $$$.

So I ask myself....Why do I/We put ourselv's through this foolish mind game? Is it the name were after....Bragging rights to friends...Or some other foolish thing???

Allright, I'm done for now...Let me know if I'm the only one here dissapointed in Bennelli's way of doing business, as well as this dumb mind game we play, or at least i play??? :mad:

Nope, this is SOP.

You are just very naive about the gun industry. Maybe there was a production problem? Maybe they made a modification after the catalogs were printed? Who knows?

Delays like this are totally normal.

Looking through Remington's 2006 catalog, I can find many items that are not readily available at retail:

105Cti - announced in 2005 - maybe mid 2007? - the fact that the gun does not work well may be causing the delay.

Model Seven - almost none available at retail

Model 798/799 - almost none available

Sure, some new guns trickle out at www.gunsamerica.com and www.gunbroker.com, but that does not make them readily available.

I'd look at the Winchester SX3 Field. But wait, my dealer had them and now he says they are out until spring! I guess I'd better post up my whining over at Winchester's website. Wait, they don't have one!

Get the picture?

Welcome to the real world of grown-ups...

mudhen - CA

Mudhen: Aww, come on now...I post a message about a dumb gun nothin personal to you or anyone, and you reply like that....First how can you say big words like "Naive", when you don't know "jack"about me except a few lines on a forum i scribbled out. If you think I was whining, tough ****! I thought this was a forum about free speach. I'll try and mature now...Have a lovely day smile.gif

P.s. If we can't say anything positive about someone , maybe shut your mouth:(

P.s. If we can't say anything positive about someone , maybe shut your mouth:(

I could not agree more smile.gif

Reread your original post and ask yourself if you are really being fair to Benelli. Especially Benelli USA given that they probably have little control over what the parent company sends and when.

Free speech in the US only applies to government action. There is no 'private' right to free speech...

mudhen - CA

Well guys, speaking here as a non-biased third party...I would have to say that Benelli USA probably has no real control over what is sent and where. As far as retailers...each is different. Prior to my using nothing but Benellis in my pursuit of waterfowl, I was a big Browning fan. I searched day and night at all retailers I could find...there are several different tiers-if you will of retailerssome get lots, others not so many. For example, I have a SBE2 and a M2, prior to purchasing the M2 I was looking around for something, not sure what it was...I then set my sights on a Xtrema 2. Pretty popular gun, shouldnt be too hard to find...went to my "local" Beretta retailer, and he told me it took him 19 months to get the last one...i was pretty confused. Then I went down to Gander Mountain and they had all I could buy. Point being, different levels of sales and inventories = amounts of firearms in stock and available to that specific retailer. Browning for example has Full-line retailers and retailers that carry only specific items--the exact name escapes me at the moment. Also I would have to say, there is almost nothing that cannot be found and/or purchased if you REALLY want it. Oh, and its spEEch... smile.gif Happy Hunting!

"I'd look at the Winchester SX3 Field. But wait, my dealer had them and now he says they are out until spring!"

That's strange, one of my local shops had quite a few of them out on the shelf when I went by there yesterday. It's a huge store, so maybe their initial order was big and they've got a bunch stashed in the warehouse.

I've been shopping for a gift for my duck hunting buddy and guide and it's down to the SX-3 and the M2. He wants something fairly light and can't make up his mind.

John

Originally posted by JohnBT:

"I'd look at the Winchester SX3 Field. But wait, my dealer had them and now he says they are out until spring!"

That's strange, one of my local shops had quite a few of them out on the shelf when I went by there yesterday. It's a huge store, so maybe their initial order was big and they've got a bunch stashed in the warehouse.

I've been shopping for a gift for my duck hunting buddy and guide and it's down to the SX-3 and the M2. He wants something fairly light and can't make up his mind.

John

Not strange at all.

SX3's were shipping fine all summer and into fall.

My shop cannot get any at this time.

I visited a Gander Mountain last week that had a ton of SX2's still in stock.

mudhen - CA

Okay: Maybe I was at the time a "little" irratated at my findings with inventory in my area at time. Yes you fellas are correct about other weapons as well. I looked for a SX3 ultralight.....Around in spring/summer....None now. So thinking about my comments on the Benneli's, "My bad" :(

Okay: Maybe I was at the time a "little" irratated at my findings with inventory in my area at time. Yes you fellas are correct about other weapons as well. I looked for a SX3 ultralight.....Around in spring/summer....None now. So thinking about my comments on the Benneli's, "My bad" :(

You might really like the SX3 Field or whatever they have in the super light category. I'm hearing good reviews and the price should be lower by next spring.

I'm having a little trouble with my new Browning Silver Hunter not cycling, but I'm starting to think it's just the 3.5" spring getting broken it. The problem is slowly going away.

mudhen - CA