So... If I form 1 to convert to 14"...

ArthurMorgan

Sweet. Tomorrow I'm finally gonna be able to run it a bit with the new spring, I'll finally let you know if the issue is fixed. I ordered the limbsaver pad and followed your tutorial. I was babysitting a warehouse last night, which just happened to have a drill press and screwerdrivers, as well as the proper screws & lock tite. They even had silver sharpie ? 

Excited to see how the recoil feels now

My last e-file form 1 took 5 weeks, 2 days.

If you have never filed one, I suggest you read all the way through it and collect all the data needed to fill it out before launching into it.  Found myself backing up (which logs you out) and making you start from square one all over.

On 7/25/2021 at 8:05 AM, cold_snap said:

How long does the E-form take to come back?

Mine took 25 days on efile to Form-1, its super easy and fast. The biggest pain is getting the fingerprints, here everything is weird cause Covid, and if you know how, you can roll your own prints, ATF resource page you can request the LEO fingerprint forms, then get ink pad, watch some youtube.

On 7/25/2021 at 7:45 AM, challer said:

I am curious what use case you have in mind for the 14" barrel. While I've always wanted one, I can't ever figure out for me, for home defense, when I would prefer it over the longer barrel with more rounds.

First, so you know, I also own another Benelli M4 with the full 18.5" barrel that I am waiting on some 922r parts and a 7rnd Mag tube. 

Long guns and houses don't go together super well for maneuverability, also the longer it is, the better leverage the criminal has on wrestle it from you, Also will start to spread a bit sooner than the longer barrel will. If I need more than 5/6 slugs or buckshot, I should have practiced more or grabbed an AR for defence. Most my rifles and shotguns get shortened with Form-1, where I live even when hunting there in NO way you can shoot past 100yds because how thick the forests are, and even 10" barreled rifles can drop game at that range. Plus on my rifles, all the barrel I don't have range to benefit from, I can put on a suppressor and it not be horribly long overall.

Then there is the whole cool factor thing. They make bigger fireballs, bangs, usually look cooler, draw in more convo at the range, etc.

image0 (2).jpg

On 7/24/2021 at 4:46 PM, ArthurMorgan said:

Thanks folks.  Torn between a can for my mp5 or the short barrel for the M4. 

That is a HARD choice, if you have no suppressor, I'd go with that first. The price will be about the same either way, if not slightly cheaper for the Suppressor. 

11 hours ago, DJTC45 said:

Don't you need to have your receiver engraved to do a form 1?

My understanding is that you do have to have your name, city and state engraved in an easy to find (not disassemble firearm) location with specific minimum font size and depth.  After all, you are technically the "manufacturer" of the firearm.

8 minutes ago, No. 6 said:

My understanding is that you do have to have your name, city and state engraved in an easy to find (not disassemble firearm) location with specific minimum font size and depth.  After all, you are technically the "manufacturer" of the firearm.

It's one of those things. I think you're supposed to, but I personally don't know anyone who has, other than one guy I know with a trust. 

5 minutes ago, ArthurMorgan said:

It's one of those things. I think you're supposed to, but I personally don't know anyone who has, other than one guy I know with a trust. 

I agree, most people don't do it.  And most likely will never have a problem.  If the ATF decide to hang you on a gun violation, well, this is just another 6 month jail term added to your sentence.