New SBE 3” chamber model

Rufdriver

The 3" version and the 20 gauge version are lighter than the 3.5, both are fine additions to the Benelli lineup, some if not all models will and have moved to the SBE and Ethos platform.  Would like to hear more about your observation "hybrid of the Ethos and SBE".  

Both the 20 and the 12 3" are selling well,  many educated shooter are just not interested in shooting 3.5" shells, for many reasons.

Really? Hmm. They used to have one. It was simply called the Black Eagle. Super was later added when the 'super' long receiver allowing it to shoot 3.5" cartridges.

I am certainly biased since I bought my SBE in '95, but they were quite light for the time, particularly with a semi-auto. They are still quite light, which can be a detriment when shooting 3.5" shells. Unless one would absolutely never shoot 3.5", I'd get it anyway. Like the old saying "better to have and not need than to need and not have".

Still not sure why they would reuse the SBE name for a shorter chamber. M2's could already do 3" shells. I guess maybe it is for the name recognition.

Edited by bambihunter

12 hours ago, bambihunter said:

Really? Hmm. They used to have one. It was simply called the Black Eagle. Super was later added when the 'super' long receiver allowing it to shoot 3.5" cartridges.

I am certainly biased since I bought my SBE in '95, but they were quite light for the time, particularly with a semi-auto. They are still quite light, which can be a detriment when shooting 3.5" shells. Unless one would absolutely never shoot 3.5", I'd get it anyway. Like the old saying "better to have and not need than to need and not have".

Still not sure why they would reuse the SBE name for a shorter chamber. M2's could already do 3" shells. I guess maybe it is for the name recognition.

Benelli is moving away from the M2 chassis in SOME segments,  the Cordoba, Super Sport have already moved into the Ethos chassis platform which affords the opportunity to utilize the Easy Bolt and the updated two piece carrier latch.  The SBE 3" and 20 gauge SBE reflect additional line movement into the updated chassis which speaks to a segmented market.

Market segmentation is the process by which firms identify the different portions of the market according to how they respond to different products and features. This is a vital part of markets because the marketing concept requires companies to both understand and satisfy their customers’ needs better than the competition. As such, by segmenting a market, it is possible to identify those groups of customers with similar needs, and specifically target them with products that fulfill said needs.  Successful marketing usually occurs when you speak precisely to your target audience. Market segmentation helps you achieve that precision. IMC programs that include segmentation assist in developing marketing messages that speak to your target segments, activities that are geared towards these segments, and clarity around your business that attracts clients like a magnet.

On 7/20/2021 at 8:05 AM, remarkable said:

The 3" version and the 20 gauge version are lighter than the 3.5, both are fine additions to the Benelli lineup, some if not all models will and have moved to the SBE and Ethos platform.  Would like to hear more about your observation "hybrid of the Ethos and SBE".  

Both the 20 and the 12 3" are selling well,  many educated shooter are just not interested in shooting 3.5" shells, for many reasons.

I came up with the hybrid observation the first time I saw this gun, to me it’s comprised of the most popular features of each model. The rugged “ off road” appeal of the SBE combined with the svelte  Ethos 2.75/3 platform. I also have no need for 3.5 shells, now if they just offered this new SBE 3” in walnut I’d be all over it!….wait that’s an Ethos…?

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/12/2021 at 5:56 PM, Mr Yough said:

Is the 3 inch 12 gauge capable of shooting lighter loads than the 3.5 inch model?

If not what is the actual purpose of producing the three inch version?

The 3" version spec is still 1 1/8oz loads, in many cases, conditions, the gun will shoot lighter loads.

The gun is priced $200.00 less than the 3.5

The gun is shorter in length

The gun is lighter than the 3.5

The gun balance point thus changes

• Upvote 1