Cheap heat shield for M4

ArthurMorgan

Doesn't look great, but it works. Plastic shield I had lying around, for a Mossberg. Cut off the lips on the breech end, used a ranger band. 2800$ gun - $25 heat shield. ?

I was going to get the briley 3 gun forends but I like the fit and feel of oem. 

20210722_182343.jpg

Edited by ArthurMorgan
  • Like 2

• ArthurMorgan changed the title to Cheap heat shield for M4
On 7/22/2021 at 6:29 PM, ArthurMorgan said:

Doesn't look great, but it works. Plastic shield I had lying around, for a Mossberg. Cut off the lips on the breech end, used a ranger band. 2800$ gun - $25 heat shield. ?

I was going to get the briley 3 gun forends but I like the fit and feel of oem. 

20210722_182343.jpg

I wish they made something similar in demension to the oem with maybe a few mlok areas.

8 hours ago, StupidManThing said:

Agreed. There's a loose revolver sitting on the passenger seat, absurd amounts of garbage, and that's the way you choose to photograph your Benelli with a shit plastic heatshield. 

That sounds a tad snobbish and judgemental. 

15 hours ago, StupidManThing said:

Agreed. There's a loose revolver sitting on the passenger seat, absurd amounts of garbage, and that's the way you choose to photograph your Benelli with a shit plastic heatshield. 

Oh, your words cut like a knife. ??

What's the revolver gonna do, start walking around shooting people? ?? Ever think perhaps there's a reason it's right there within easy reach? There is. But you're too caught up in your internet snobbery to consider it, sorry about that. It has to make life tough.

And yeah the heat shield is plastic but it works and stays in place. I don't like the offerings on the market that provide a heat shield. Good enough for me.

I don't own this shotgun as a status symbol, I want functionality.  I'm not some wannabe operator so I don't use gloves when I'm just out having fun shooting it. The heatshield comes in handy. Looks like crap, but works.  Again, sorry about your snobby lifestyle.

I literally spend close to 16 hours a day in my car, 6 days a week. I clean it at the end of the week. I pull up by my burn pit, rake it out, then that evening burn it and drink a few beers. It's a routine. You don't ride in it so why do you care? 

Hopefullt this satisfies your holier than thou internet snob concerns. If not, or even if it does, you can still get bent. ?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, alpha 33 said:

I like what you did with the heat shield. There's only one person that needs pleasn' here. I've been  ?****** rigging things all my life. More power to you.

My 2cents................................

Same here. Ranger bands are made for a reason. 

Thank ya, Sir

So what you’re saying is either conform to someone else’s thoughts and standards or pay a price? Sorry but some of us still retain the idea of freedom of speech, expression and choice. A novel concept nowadays for some I guess. But I’m old school and as such I will NEVER live on bended knee. My 2cents………

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ArthurMorgan said:

Oh, your words cut like a knife. ??

What's the revolver gonna do, start walking around shooting people? ?? Ever think perhaps there's a reason it's right there within easy reach? There is. But you're too caught up in your internet snobbery to consider it, sorry about that. It has to make life tough.

And yeah the heat shield is plastic but it works and stays in place. I don't like the offerings on the market that provide a heat shield. Good enough for me.

I don't own this shotgun as a status symbol, I want functionality.  I'm not some wannabe operator so I don't use gloves when I'm just out having fun shooting it. The heatshield comes in handy. Looks like crap, but works.  Again, sorry about your snobby lifestyle.

I literally spend close to 16 hours a day in my car, 6 days a week. I clean it at the end of the week. I pull up by my burn pit, rake it out, then that evening burn it and drink a few beers. It's a routine. You don't ride in it so why do you care? 

Hopefullt this satisfies your holier than thou internet snob concerns. If not, or even if it does, you can still get bent. ?

Not my cup 'o tea but, I like your attitude.?

32 minutes ago, ruger said:

I would rather go hunting with someone with a dirty car, than someone with a better than you complex.spent years as a tech in a ford dealership. in other peoples vehicles, his car isn't that bad, try getting in a car with a pile of 20 dirty diapers in the back floor after sitting on the lot for 3 days.

23 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

Still cleaner than most women’s cars!

Amen, brothers, amen.

25 minutes ago, StupidManThing said:

Obviously what I said did bother you because your wrote a novel in response. You know, holsters do a pretty good job of keeping things within easy reach too. I love the mental image you gave me of RAKING trash out of your car to burn while drinking a beer.

Naw, I wrote a long response because I literally had nothing else to do. And you're welcome for the mental image ☺️

Please explain this to me, though: I'm currently working in one of the worst neighborhoods of New Orleans. A vast majority of that is me sitting in my stationary car.  The gun is on the seat so I can easily grab it if some thug rushes up on me. What good would a holster do me? What kind of advantage would I gain? 

What's wrong with burning stuff and drinking beer? It's relaxing for me. Sometimes I even piss in the fire ?

I bet you're one of those guys that leaves comments on youtube videos of someone doesn't show the weapons clear, rack it 6 times and stick their finger in the chamber, ain't ya? ?

Edited by ArthurMorgan
  • Like 1