New here - best way to get 7+1 and collapsible stock?

Leethal

Hello,

I've been watching Freedom Fighter Tactical videos and searching these forums all day. As stated, the goal is to get an M4 with 7+1 and collapsible stock in the most efficient way. I did speak with Todd from FFT on the phone and he was helpful. 

I did end up "buying" an 11701 on gunbroker last night, but believe it to be a scam so I'm not going further with that. 

Here are the two options I'm considering:

11701 - The pros are that I get the stock which seems really expensive now. The downside is that for the 922 stuff I would need a magazine tube, recoil tube, and as I understand, two other parts, so maybe follower and handguard. 

11721 - According to a great post by Stranger Danger, this model is 922 exempt, and I see them for sale on gunbroker. This gives me everything I need except for the collapsible stock. Am I correct in thinking that inside this stock is the 3 position recoil tube? So then I would just need the plastic bits? If it's 922 exempt, then I should be able to get one from benelli parts when available and be able to swap that out?

What do you guys think?

38 minutes ago, ArthurMorgan said:

Pay the extra,  get the 11721, be done. Anything you change from there will just be bell and whistles that you want to add. 

+1 ..  Benelli 11721 or 11715 both have everything you want.. both have 7+1 tube and collapsible stocks.. 11715 has night sights 11721 doesn't.. both are 922r exempt..  

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I made a mistake in my post. Option two is an 11713, not the 11721. The 11721s are going for something like 4k! I'm looking to pick up the 11713 for $1,700-$1,900. I think that will give me most of what I need with the option to swap out the stock later down the road. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JTs M4 said:

+1 ..  Benelli 11721 or 11715 both have everything you want.. both have 7+1 tube and collapsible stocks.. 11715 has night sights 11721 doesn't.. both are 922r exempt..  

you could also look at the Benelli 11710 and 11713 both LE models and 922r exempt and sell for less then the 11721 & 11715.. even with the added price of a collapsible stock you may be into it cheaper and have two different stocks to use..    Oh. we were writing this at the same time  !! lol  if you go with the 11710 it has the field stock and the field stocks a bit harder to find now .. the PG stocks are usually cheaper and easier to find.. 

Edited by JTs M4

4 minutes ago, JTs M4 said:

you could also look at the Benelli 11710 and 11713 both LE models and 922r exempt and sell for less then the 11721 & 11715.. even with the added price of a collapsible stock you may be into it cheaper and have two different stocks to use..    Oh. we were writing this at the same time  !! lol  

Yup! I was doing the math on all this, and it seems like the 11713 is the way to go. The price is about the same as the 11701s, but then you don't have to buy all the extra 922 doo-dads. I may decide that I don't want a collapsible stock anyway. I'm just stunned that no one seems to make an aftermarket option for a stock, and they're all $600-$1,000! Seems like a no-brainer to get in that market, especially if it would count as 2 922r parts right?

6 hours ago, alpha 33 said:

I hate to ring my own bell but...........I have very close to what you seek. Just posted it yesterday, it's 8 or 10 threads down. Alpha 33 out.....................

Hi Alpha, yeah it's not bad! - I like the optic, sling, etc, but would prefer all black (rayciss!). Let's see how the auction goes first and then I may re-evaluate. I'm already mentally struggling to buy the gun, the added price doesn't help that, but analytically, it's really not bad. If it's an LE model, why did you go through the effort of doing the 922 parts? Sorry for my new confusion on that topic as today is the first I've even studied it. 

• Like 1

No matter which model you get, there are routes to fix it the way you want it. Some just require more work than others and are subject to parts availability. I wouldn't be afraid of 922 compliance since many of the parts are parts you'll want anyway. Aftermarket magazine tubes are lighter and better made than the OEM two piece design.

What really bites people is the costs for the collapsible stocks. A lot of people are buying a M1014 just to steal the collapsible stock, then installing it onto one of the 117** series. They then sell off the M1014 with the pistol grip stock to recoup their money. Others are buying the M1014, then sourcing a 3 position receiver extension and making the stock function. These extensions can be hard to find lately and the installation process is beyond most end users. I swap out a bunch of them customers, so there are options, it just means added costs to get it where you want it.