recoil comparisons NOVA vs SBE II

Fen Wolf

I would suspect that the recoil of a "dead bolt" shotgun such as the Nova would be a little more at the shoulder. The SBE II (I have one) does thump, I believe the Oct. edition of the Waterfowl magazine has a comparison article on gas vs inertia which states the recoil in ft pounds of a certain load was 45 ftlbs at the shoulder. I also have a pump 835 that does jolt me harder than the SBE II.

Just got home with my sbe2. It felt like more recoil to me than the NOVA. But, to be honest, Ive only shot the nova at ducks and adrenaline probably kept me from noticing the recoil so much. Still the sbe2 is not that bad.

I shot 6, 3.5s, 3 3's and 6 2 3/4 shells and all fed perfectly. My shoulder is a little sore but this is the first time this year I have felt the recoil of duck loads. Been bowhunting for 4 weeks. I shot all 6 2 3/4 at skeet and dusted all of them. I think Ill keep the gun.