Collapsible stock won't completely

Furioso2112

Hello, just signed up. Searched for this, found many similar titles but no answers in them. I have a brand-new current production SNTactical with collapsible stock. The collapsible stock remains a good 1/2" open when I attempt to fully collapse.  I took grip off, saw the spring loaded detent near the receiver, on top of extension, thought the round plastic sleeve that slides up and down the extension on the stock might be hanging up on that. I depressed it with a pick tool, but still couldn't get stock fully collapsed.  I need it to collapse fully to fit safely in the case I have for it.  Thank you in advance for any tips. Picture shows it at max closing.  It otherwise seems to function properly through entire range.

16280278787448687636556386981148.jpg

On 8/3/2021 at 3:00 PM, Furioso2112 said:

I took grip off, saw the spring loaded detent near the receiver, on top of extension, thought the round plastic sleeve that slides up and down the extension on the stock might be hanging up on that. I depressed it with a pick tool, but still couldn't get stock fully collapsed.

image.png.5d60acb19412baa122e3f95dccdc41a1.png 

Like I said, it sounds like you have the removeable version. I'm not 100% sure if that is the case, but its either that or you have the tube that is spaced out a little more.

I have a Supernova from 2013 and a M3 from 2019 with this collapsible stock and it stores away fully. They can't remove the tube completely like shown above.

Now I understand, yes - the stock on mine is removable by depressing the spring loaded detent...I realize now you indicate that some models don't feature that capability, and those models collapse fully.  It also occurs to me now that I can remove the stock for transportation...glad I didn't start cutting foam to customize the case yet.  Thanks again!

• Upvote 1