re-finishing Benelli M4 (cerakote)

kimurabean

Hello - I am looking to re-coat my M4 with cerakote and I have a question about stripping the original finish. I have the sand finish and over the years it has been scratched up. Before I work with a friend on blasting the finish off, he asked if there was a chemical I can use to strip the finish easier than stripping with silicone. Just doing my due diligence before I dive right in with "blasting" it off. BY THE WAY - this is by far my favorite shotgun ever.

image.png.d20827a899e9541abeac3d491933b969.png

Good luck with the stripping, I think that you will be doing the media blasting. I make a few 7 rd steel mag tubes and have them cerakoted by a professional shop. I once had to strip a coated tube, tried all kinds of chemicals, with no luck. I even soaked the tube in a very strong lye solution for a week and the coating didn't even budge. Properly applied, CeraKote is might tough stuff. 

Joe B