M4 mag extention

AR-BALLISTIC

An M4 purchased in California still has a removable dummy magazine tube.

Fabricating a magazine extension for the M4 would be trivially easy - the dummy extender from the shotgun serves as an excellent machinist's reference...

The magazine extension requires a 1" O.D. mild-steel or aluminum tube as a "blank", 6 1/2" long. Some simple machining is all that's required, in addition to adding internal/external threads. The piece could be hard-anodized or phosphated depending on the material used.

There's no "magic" or complex manufacturing in the factory part... this would probably run $150 to have a one-off part fabricated by a local machinst.

Anyone with basic machinist skills who has access to a metal lathe could produce one of these.

[ 12-16-2005, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: AustinPSD ]

I actually just listed one on ebay I purchased from cals when I was looking at buying a M1014. I listed it no reserve starting for less than I paid.

Found out I was moving to Alaska and decided to make do with my M1 tactical and get another Freedom Arms. So, I have a mag extension and no gun to go with it. Simply do a search for Benelli M4 on ebay and you will find it.

Thanks,

Bill

Nope... on Nov. 2nd, all the dealers that I'm aware of pulled the Benelli mag extensions off the shelf. There has been no update on the BATF decision. I've lifted the notice from Cal's which is representative of all the Benelli dealers:

November 2, 2005

Until further notice, BenelliUSA will cease all sales, marketing and use of magazine tube extensions imported or sold under the Benelli, Franchi and Stoeger brands.

BenelliUSA will allow magazine extensions to be supplied by way of tax-exempt sales to law enforcement and government agencies only. The dealer of such a sale will have to supply a letter to BenelliUSA confirming the final destination of the magazine tube extension(s).

Originally posted by M4Madness:

I haven't kept up on this issue lately, but has the BATF reversed its decision that a mag extension is illegal on the Benelli M1014/M4 Super 90 shotguns?

Another board member said they could not find the ebay add under Benelli M4. Not sure if I can post the add in here, but the item number is 7206815919. I was able to pull it up by seaching the number without any problem.

May also click this link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7206815919&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D7206815919%26fvi%3D1

All,

I wrote to SRM performance Products about the M3 and M4 extensions. This was the reply....

Rich,

We do not plan to offer extensions for the M3 or M4, as we have not had very much demand for them. If demand increases we may start producing them. If you would like extensions for your M3 and M4, we might be able to offer you a special deal. If you are interested give me a call.

Regards,

Jeffrey Hajjar

President & CEO

SRM Performance Products

A Division of Snake River Machine, Inc.

www.surecycle.com