Titanium/Steel Locking Charging Handle Cerekote Black

RxArms

Hey guys, just got a batch back of this, and almost sold out completely out of the whole initial traunche of this charging handle.  I appreciate all the support and feedback.  I’ll be getting another batch soon and will likely be only offering cerekote graphite black from now on.

Graphite black has a bit of a sheen to it, but the black looks nice with the gun.  www.rxarms.com to grab yours.

B3E12B5E-5E28-4969-A973-36D4F14AA300.jpeg

14C6AC69-E5DA-44E9-BE50-E57570683092.jpeg

AE238C5B-2ED5-47A1-9EA9-00CFE75492AF.jpeg

Edited by RxArms
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rubicon20032003 said:

I have one of the regular finish one and just ordered a black one.No problems with clearance like the fft one in pic.

I have tested it as best I can and there should not be any issues at all.  I made sure for the handle to taper at the correct tolerance (where the steel meets the titanium), so should be impossible to jam it further than the bolt design allows.

I should also mention, those marks appear to be the result of the whipping effect of the handle and bolt when firing.  I have not experienced this problem on my handles.  Could be due to insufficient hardening of the steel, or any other variety of factors.  Most likely FFT did not allow enough clearance.

• Upvote 1

Here are some pics of the clearances for the raw titanium version.  There is plenty of room and the cerakote shouldn't add any measurable difference to these.  Bolt closed, it's about even with the GG&G bolt release.  Bolt open, it's got plenty of room as well.  @StrangerDanger is likely correct, the other guy inserted the FFT bolt past the detent...I had that bolt too and didn't experience that issue.

I'm no shill for this bolt/manuf, but until (if) CC comes re-releases theirs, this one is staying on.

IMG-9561.jpg

IMG-9563.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 3:21 PM, bcruze said:

Here are some pics of the clearances for the raw titanium version.  There is plenty of room and the cerakote shouldn't add any measurable difference to these.  Bolt closed, it's about even with the GG&G bolt release.  Bolt open, it's got plenty of room as well.  @StrangerDanger is likely correct, the other guy inserted the FFT bolt past the detent...I had that bolt too and didn't experience that issue.

I'm no shill for this bolt/manuf, but until (if) CC comes re-releases theirs, this one is staying on.

IMG-9561.jpg

IMG-9563.jpg

I was watching some M4 video on youtube the other night and saw a receiver with an aftermarket handle that was all chewed up.  So overinsertion is definitely a thing.  The first aftermarket one I bought would go all the way in, I tossed it.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:39 PM, bcruze said:

Just got my black handle, looks much better!

IMG-9626.thumb.JPG.b1ca88146afc94873b4da15035c27df1.JPG

Man looks better on your gun than mine! 

I am out of stock on black, have 1 or 2 Ti colour left, working on getting another batch made this week.  

Edited by RxArms

34 minutes ago, les_garten said:

Ahhhh, I got a problem.  

Mine doesn't work.  Something is definitely not right here.  Here's a pic of what I got today.

20210903_180926.jpg

Not sure what the problem is, looks normal to do me, send me a PM, or email me at [email protected].

to insert it into bolt, push and rotate.

Edited by RxArms

2 minutes ago, D'zaster said:

Here's picture of mine. Fit's well and doesn't touch the receiver. I wondered about the shape of the pointed end being quite different than stock but it seems fine. I'll know more after a couple hundred rounds.

54901B8C-46CF-4582-9125-1F3DD9CF37E7.jpeg

I modified the pointed end to save weight, I was on a major weight saving mission, pointed end was a waste of weight.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RxArms said:

Not sure what the problem is, looks normal to do me, send me a PM, or email me at [email protected].

to insert it into bolt, push and rotate.

It's working.

It's different from the others I have.  They all have some "feel" as you put them in.  Then the "feel" increases as you push them in.

Yours is different.  There is no "feel" at all as you basically drop it in.  Then a lot of resistance and then it sharply snaps in.  Hard to explain it if you haven't done it.  It at first feels like "somethings" not correct.  You go from nothing to all of a sudden a hard push is needed.  The others I have are sorta "mushy" by comparison.

How are you affixing the steel portion to the Titanium portion?

Here's the collection thus far.

Bolt_Handles.jpg

9 minutes ago, les_garten said:

It's working.

It's different from the others I have.  They all have some "feel" as you put them in.  Then the "feel" increases as you push them in.

Yours is different.  There is no "feel" at all as you basically drop it in.  Then a lot of resistance and then it sharply snaps in.  Hard to explain it if you haven't done it.  It at first feels like "somethings" not correct.  You go from nothing to all of a sudden a hard push is needed.  The others I have are sorta "mushy" by comparison.

Bolt_Handles.jpg

I got both of rx handles .Have over a couple hundred rounds on them.Not on problem .

8 minutes ago, rubicon20032003 said:

I got both of rx handles .Have over a couple hundred rounds on them.Not on problem .

I think the difference is that if you look at the pic I posted, all the others have a conical taper at the bottom for the first stage/part/feel of engagement.  The RX is flat.  So it goes from nothing to high effort and that makes the feel different.

2 hours ago, les_garten said:

It's working.

Bolt_Handles.jpg

Yes I have less of a taper for inserting into the bolt, trying to save as much weight as possible.  

Can easily be inserted if you rotate the handle at the same time as pushing.  Pushing straight in without rotating is more difficult.

as for the bonding/affixing method… a proprietary technique known only to ancient dwarven blacksmiths :)

nice collection, I should point out only mine in that group matches slightly less weight than the OEM handle while giving benefits of hardened steel tang and ultra light and much bigger handle.

Edited by RxArms