new design on M4? cannot add +2?

d

I was skimming the website for impact guns and there is a new photo of the M4 that appears to have the lug (retainer? whatever) on the barrel moved back a couple inches, and no "dummy" extension on it anymore. Anyone have any info on this? I am trying not to panic. :mad:

pic of new? M4

[ 02-16-2006, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: deasmuth ]

Originally posted by chrisb1:

You are looking at the M2 Picture:

Benelli M2 Tactical 12g 18.5" Pistol Grip Ghost Ring Sight

If you look at Impact's Benelli M series, you will clearly see the M2 picture.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/650350110524.html

I think he's talking about this picture of an M4:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/650350117073.html

This is an old picture on Impact. Use wayback to see it appeared back in Oct '04. Additionally it is fake.

Check the serial numbers on the barrel (TM04498 or 4499?) and receiver (Y004471). Now go to Benelli's own site and look at the close ups for the standard and pistol gripped M4s.

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/large.tpl?Image=m4-std-large.jpg

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/large.tpl?Image=m4-pistolgrip-large.jpg

Yes, the same exact numbers. Benelli changed the stock on the gun to take two separate pics. The one on Impact is faked by moving the front lug back on the barrel. You can clearly see shading changes where the lug was moved back to make it appear as though the barrel was modified.

LUG.jpg

Here is the same M4 in it's many appearances. The top two are from the BenelliUSA site, the third is Impact's modified image, and the last is one I found saved on my pc (I think also from Impact last year) where they had added the m4 L.E. marking on the same receiver.

M4s.jpg

Nothing sad about it when all you need to do is some legwork to find the facts.

Guys, guys, guys...Impact has had this not-accurate picture up on its website for over two years now. I'm glad to say this is 100% not true.

Whew, when I started reading this thread I started to think "wow, I'm glad I got one when I did.". However, as soon as I saw the picture source, I realized that it wasn't true.

When I was looking in to getting an M4 two years ago, I started going around to snatch up all of the M4 pics that I could for my desktop...so I could drool (ha ha)...Impact's stupid picture was like that then. (oops, I see STA nailed this issue above as well - I suppose I should have read his response first...oh well)

[ 02-17-2006, 05:36 AM: Message edited by: usctf ]

Thank you for all your hard work gentelman, my work computer (although a blazing fast internet conection) has remarably poor display abiltys. I attempeted to zoom and inspect the images but was unable. Thank you for your time and talent.

• 3 weeks later...

Deasmuth - I don't know who you are talking to over there at Impact, but either they are having fun with you or they are just plain stupid/mis-informed. This is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE.

That goofy picture that they have up on their site has been there for over two years. That picture was their long BEFORE the latest release of the M4 (new 11707) that is currently filling backorders all across america. The M4 never looked like that prior to two years ago (as the 11701 (flag), 11703, or the older 11707/M4LE), and it doesn't look like that now. And, there is no design change in the works.

Again, someone is either screwing with you or just stupid.

Don't listen to them anymore.

[ 03-07-2006, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: usctf ]

I've talked to the guys at Impact this morning and they've confirmed that it won't take the 2 rd extension on the new ones they're selling. Also they've increase the prices on them as well. Needless to say, I've cancelled my order with them and went with something else. Incidentally, I've picked up a 11707 with the collapsable stock cheaper than Impact last week and this one can accept the 2 rd extension. Do you smell what I'm smelling? Something is wrong here.

Here is the email I got from Impact:

RE: Benelli M4 Price Increase

Dear Customer,

You currently have a Benelli M4 on order with us. Unfortunately,

Benelli has raised the price of the M4 shotgun. The new price of Benelli

shotgun package is: $1,499.99 including the collapsible stock. (Note

that the +2 mag extension is no longer available from Benelli USA.)

The new M4's have been changed to not accept the old +2 mag extension as

shipped from the factory. We do not have information as to whether it can

be altered to fit an old +2 extension at this time.

Please respond to keep your order on the list; we may have to cancel

your order if we do not receive confirmation.

There is no penalty to cancel your order. We always strive to keep the

price of pre-ordered items constant, but we have no control over the

manufacturer's pricing-especially over such a long period of time. Our

apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any questions regarding our pricing policy, please visit us

at:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/howtoorder.html

Thank you ,

Impact Guns

www.impactguns.com

Last I asked there was 47 individual who put money in for one. Maybe they were trying to get some of them to cancel their orders like they did to me.

[ 03-07-2006, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Kinny ]

since there not gonna make any more decent gas guns,,anybody who wants one with mag extension option and can get a mag extension better get off there butt ,,won't be long now before there all gone tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

[ 03-07-2006, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

Originally posted by M1014:

since there not gonna make any more decent gas guns,,anybody who wants one with mag extension option and can get a mag extension better get off there butt ,,won't be long now before there all gone tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

It would be great if there are plenty in supply to go around, but there isn't. Last I heard there is an average of 13 months waiting period for one, and I happened to cancelled mine after the 13th month with Impact. I was simply at the right place and the right time with enough fundings to get one at the gunshow last week.

I am not a M4 owner but they interest me. To settle this completely, why doesn't someone call Benelli customer service (301 283-6981) tomorrow and get a definitive answer to this question about whether they have changed the M4 magazine design. I would do it myself, but I have to out of town on business for a couple days.

All right, I called customer service and spoke to a gentelman (who spoke to his product manager) and stated that there was NO change to the 11707 and the +2 would still fit. I do not know what is going on at impact but it is getting frustrating. The current state of firearm purchase and ownership is getting very frustrating. I donate time and money to the NRA and various local org's who lobby and assist the firearm manufactures. Then it seems like the manufactures turn around and give their patrons (us) the short, dirty end of the stick. I have many SiG pistols yet I am unable to get a threaded barrel for my Mosquito with out purchasing another one...grrr. This is the United States and (although I do not know) I am sure we represent one of the largest markets for firearms yet we are at the whim of the manufactures. I will now step down from my soap box and return to my work. Thank you.

Originally posted by deasmuth:

All right, I called customer service and spoke to a gentelman (who spoke to his product manager) and stated that there was NO change to the 11707 and the +2 would still fit. I do not know what is going on at impact but it is getting frustrating. The current state of firearm purchase and ownership is getting very frustrating. I donate time and money to the NRA and various local org's who lobby and assist the firearm manufactures. Then it seems like the manufactures turn around and give their patrons (us) the short, dirty end of the stick. I have many SiG pistols yet I am unable to get a threaded barrel for my Mosquito with out purchasing another one...grrr. This is the United States and (although I do not know) I am sure we represent one of the largest markets for firearms yet we are at the whim of the manufactures. I will now step down from my soap box and return to my work. Thank you.

Thanks for sorting this out. Although I've cancelled my order, I think others who have ordered one would have a peace of mind that there is no change on the mag extension. Hope you get your shotgun soon. :cool: