"C" stock sling swivel

alpha 33

I was minding my own business this morning and wondered myself how to make it a clean installation.

I prefer the sling mount at the grip level as it balances better for me when used.

I would keep it simple / inexpensive by just using asymmetric Magpul flush cups, both threaded. It does not permanently mar / modifiy the hole. Consider using a thin nylon washer on either side between stock finish and the cup surface.

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

Edited by benelliwerkes
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

It occurred to me that it would be a more refined installation without any regrets by employing a bushing (either nylon / aluminum) to eliminate any possibility of QD movement and thus should be included in the task.  I chose aluminum.  This would eliminate need for any thin nylon washers suggested the first time around and because the bushing is proud a few thousandths on each side, it will be the bearing surface for the backside of the QD cups. The bushing was gently tapped right in place, use a nylon head hammer to avoid marring your gun art.

Final appearance looks like something the factory would envy functionally and aesthetically.

IMG_0617BENELLI M4 COLLAPSIBLE STOCK QUICK DISCONNECT BUSHING INSTALLATION 08.29.21 PHOTOS.jpg

IMG_0619BENELLI M4 COLLAPSIBLE STOCK QUICK DISCONNECT BUSHING INSTALLATION 08.29.21 PHOTOS.jpg

IMG_0621BENELLI M4 COLLAPSIBLE STOCK QUICK DISCONNECT BUSHING INSTALLATION 08.29.21 PHOTOS.jpg

IMG_0622BENELLI M4 COLLAPSIBLE STOCK QUICK DISCONNECT BUSHING INSTALLATION 08.29.21 PHOTOS.jpg

IMG_0625BENELLI M4 COLLAPSIBLE STOCK QUICK DISCONNECT BUSHING INSTALLATION 08.29.21 PHOTOS.jpg

IMG_0626BENELLI M4 COLLAPSIBLE STOCK QUICK DISCONNECT BUSHING INSTALLATION 08.29.21 PHOTOS.jpg

Edited by benelliwerkes
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...