Double firing issue

Curtisj1980

I have a Benelli montefelro sporting, recently I've had an issue where it will fire a round, the next round enters the chamber and fires immediately when the bolt closes, fully auto style. Almost like the firing pin is stuck forward? Anyone have this happen before? Things to look for or replace? 

I’m not super familiar with that model, but I would pull the firing pin out and make sure it isn’t broken. If fine, pull out the trigger pack and perform a safety inspection of the pack. It seems like your disconnector isn’t performing correctly. I’d look to see if the hammer is slipping past the disconnector hook once pressure is taken off of the hammer (simulated cocking). 

I’d inspect the two ejected casing and see if the primer strikes look about the same. 

After the second round fires, can you fire a third? Or has the hammer fallen or rode the bolt carrier forward?

6 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

I’m not super familiar with that model, but I would pull the firing pin out and make sure it isn’t broken. If fine, pull out the trigger pack and perform a safety inspection of the pack. It seems like your disconnector isn’t performing correctly. I’d look to see if the hammer is slipping past the disconnector hook once pressure is taken off of the hammer (simulated cocking). 

I’d inspect the two ejected casing and see if the primer strikes look about the same. 

After the second round fires, can you fire a third? Or has the hammer fallen or rode the bolt carrier forward?

I would not be sure on the disco. I think that just causes hammer follow in a Benelli.

7 hours ago, Curtisj1980 said:

I have a Benelli montefelro sporting, recently I've had an issue where it will fire a round, the next round enters the chamber and fires immediately when the bolt closes, fully auto style. Almost like the firing pin is stuck forward? Anyone have this happen before? Things to look for or replace? 

Please send me a PM, I have a solution for this issue.  I have seen this in several guns that I have worked on in the past 20 guns.  The effect has not shown in the same way you mentioned but the root cause would be the same.

No worries your Benelli will cycle "Like New".

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
On 8/30/2021 at 6:03 PM, remarkable said:

Please send me a PM, I have a solution for this issue.  I have seen this in several guns that I have worked on in the past 20 guns.  The effect has not shown in the same way you mentioned but the root cause would be the same.

No worries your Benelli will cycle "Like New".

I would also like information on how to fix this issue.  My Montefeltro has done this to me around 25 times and i'm now afraid to shoot it in competitions due to when it does that, it really messes my rhythm up.  Please let me know how to fix this.  

• 3 weeks later...