Co-witness mount on Benelli's for H1 / T1 / H2 /T2 footprint...?

AIRB0RNE6176

Greeting everyone, hope all is well.  Got a quick question for you "Boom-Stickers"...

Is there a mount that will permit co-witnessing on a Benelli M4 and M3 (w/ ghost rings) while using an Aimpoint Micro H1, T1, H2, T2 or a HoloSun HS/HE503* optic?

Currently away from a high bandwidth wi-fi signal, but I heard something about a ScalarWorks(?) Sync 01 or 02 mount...

Any info would be great.  MNY THX!

1 hour ago, AIRB0RNE6176 said:

Sync mount from them as an 01 or 02?  THX

Sync 02 AKA SW1200. 

Might not allow co-witness with the Holosun. It certainly does not with my Holosun HS515GM. The HS515GM is a smidge too tall and obscures the iron sight. 

It's a major bummer as I'm really fond of that Holosun sight because of the circle and dot reticle for shotgun use. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

ALRIGHT!  Got back from latest field exercise to find some goodies from FFT (& a group called Aridus Indusrties for my Wife's Beretta 1301 Tactical)...

Made some phone calls and sent some emails, and hoped for the best.  Now I just need time to work on these projects.  Thanks to all once again for the help & insght. 

More to follow shortly...

20211016_112535.jpg

20211016_112607.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2021 at 9:03 PM, AIRB0RNE6176 said:

What optics are most shooters using for HD and range use with Sync mounts?  I'm thinking HoloSun's offerings for now.

I'm running a Holosun HS515GM currently. I like the circle/dot reticle a LOT, however the sight is taller than the Aim Micro sight so it does not allow me to use the iron sights. I'd recommend the Aimpoint Micro (I think the 6 MOA H2 is best one for a shotgun) unless you're OK with the iron sights not being usable. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2021 at 11:03 PM, AIRB0RNE6176 said:

What optics are most shooters using for HD and range use with Sync mounts?  I'm thinking HoloSun's offerings for now.

I am using Aimpoint. I also am using Surefire scout lights due to their impact buffers. Shotguns are absolutely brutal. Ive torture tested most things with full power buck, and have had to alter how I would normally do things on an AR, for these gauges. I use IWC light mounts. Torque to 30 in lb, and use Loctite 243. I torque the mount to scout body to 20 in lb, using loctite 243. The scalarworks to T2 interface gets NO locker except what nylok is on the SW screws, on  account of the T2 using helicoil inserts. The SW to receiver juncture, I torque to 15 in lb, and avain use loctite 243. I de-grease all male and female threads with acetone, and apply loctite to the female threads instead of the male. This is because the first 2 to 4 threads on the tip of the bolt are what do the lion's share of the work. When you loctite the male threads, these are typically wiped near clean of threadlocker dhring the threading process by the time the bolt is seated and tight. I wipe off the excess and allow full 24 hour cure time. This keeps my stuff from rattling off when I run it hard with full power stuff for hundreds of rounds per day.

Ive seen enough stuff fall off guns in 5.56 carbine courses. I KNOW there are plenty of gauges out there with stuff just hanging on by a prayer, lol! 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Unobtanium said:

I am using Aimpoint. I also am using Surefire scout lights due to their impact buffers. Shotguns are absolutely brutal. Ive torture tested most things with full power buck, and have had to alter how I would normally do things on an AR, for these gauges. I use IWC light mounts. Torque to 30 in lb, and use Loctite 243. I torque the mount to scout body to 20 in lb, using loctite 243. The scalarworks to T2 interface gets NO locker except what nylok is on the SW screws, on  account of the T2 using helicoil inserts. The SW to receiver juncture, I torque to 15 in lb, and avain use loctite 243. I de-grease all male and female threads with acetone, and apply loctite to the female threads instead of the male. This is because the first 2 to 4 threads on the tip of the bolt are what do the lion's share of the work. When you loctite the male threads, these are typically wiped near clean of threadlocker dhring the threading process by the time the bolt is seated and tight. I wipe off the excess and allow full 24 hour cure time. This keeps my stuff from rattling off when I run it hard with full power stuff for hundreds of rounds per day.

Ive seen enough stuff fall off guns in 5.56 carbine courses. I KNOW there are plenty of gauges out there with stuff just hanging on by a prayer, lol! 

Another thing to note, you actually void the warranty on the T-2 if you use thread locker with it.

• Upvote 1