Which Would You Pick if You Got Hooked on Clay Target Shooting??

Nala

Clay target shooting encompasses a few different styles. If you are not a hunter, then a good O/U is what most seem to go for mostly, especially on trap. Personally, I used to have a shotgun for upland game, another for pheasant, yet another for sporting clays, another for trap, another for waterfowl, etc. The problem was every time I switched sports, I was ineffective for a bit until my muscle memory adjusted. Circa 1994, I heard about the Super Black Eagle that could shoot everything from 2.75" - 3.5" without adjustments. After a 6 hour trip to see and hold one, I saved my pennies and later bought one. In no time at all, I found I was better at all of the sports I enjoyed using a single gun. One by one all those other shotguns got sold except my Remington 1100LW .410. I am a better shot because of it. The old adage about "carry what you practice" regarding using your actual CCW gun for practice rings true here too.

An M4 and an SKB are not what want for clay sports. Many courses won’t allow them and they are not designed for the job. You can spend well over $10k for a top of the line o/u. However, if you just starting out and want to test the waters, get the right type of gun, used. Beretta 686 are everywhere and don’t wear out. Or get a Beretta auto. If just have to have new, I’d look at turkish guns. I work with lots of people who start from tactical roots. Then they want to do clays because there is something to hit and moving targets are fun. 100% they all end up with a proper clays/trap gun once they realize how poor a tactical shotgun is for these situations. 

I think the m4 works fine for clays personally and also that people don't give a chance or give you the stink because it doesn't look like a clays gun the term for that is fudds. If are just going for fun and not competing at the highest levels it would be fun. I shoot about the same with whatever Im using which is why I went with the wingmaster because to me it's more fun.

Kalor, Kalor & Kalor..any model they make..best competition-level made in the business..hand made & engineered in USA but $$$$. Highest quality, fit & swing balance is incomparable, performance focused…except for Perazzi or Krieghoff fanboys who like Italian or German shotgun engineering & both have been around much longer than Kalor.