Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WTS: IWC qd sling mounts x2


Unobtanium
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Doge said:

Don't these just bolt right on? I've seen a bunch of members use these and can't recall anybody needing to modify them.

Apparently there are some stocks with smaller slots. IWC acknowledged this in one of their reviews. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I'm wondering what SD's experience has been with these.  Is there some fitment wizzardry to this part?

For those that have been successful, are you installing the parts and letting the torque from the bolts pull the QD into the slot?

Or, do the parts fit and clear the slot as one would hope?  It seems like the BFG Uloop would be a great alternative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Milspec said:

I'm wondering what SD's experience has been with these.  Is there some fitment wizzardry to this part?

For those that have been successful, are you installing the parts and letting the torque from the bolts pull the QD into the slot?

Or, do the parts fit and clear the slot as one would hope?  It seems like the BFG Uloop would be a great alternative.

The worst one I’ve encountered just needed a whack with a small brass hammer to get the screw to pass thru the sling loop.

There may be tighter ones out there?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Milspec said:

I'm wondering what SD's experience has been with these.  Is there some fitment wizzardry to this part?

For those that have been successful, are you installing the parts and letting the torque from the bolts pull the QD into the slot?

Or, do the parts fit and clear the slot as one would hope?  It seems like the BFG Uloop would be a great alternative.

Mine was a perfect fit. No forcing needed. 11715 model. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

The worst one I’ve encountered just needed a whack with a small brass hammer to get the screw to pass thru the sling loop.

There may be tighter ones out there?

Good to know about the screws.  I'm more curious how the recessed part of the QD fits.  Does it insert fully/flush into the slot?

I was under the impression that this was the piece that's giving everyone fitment issues.

I'm just looking at pictures and thinking about how it fits.  So my apologies if I'm talking out of my behind.

 

 

iwc.jpg

Edited by Milspec
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Milspec said:

Good to know about the screws.  I'm more curious how the recessed part of the QD fits.  Does it insert fully/flush into the slot?

I was under the impression that this was the piece that's giving everyone fitment issues.

I'm just looking at pictures and thinking about how it fits.  So my apologies if I'm talking out of my behind.

 

 

iwc.jpg

I assumed it was the screws. The recessed part does not fully insert into my stock. It's fully secure though and sits flush with the cheek rest. I could possibly fully insert if it was more in the middle? Not sure.. I got it in place and it works so don't want to mess with it haha. I just copied SD's set up and put the QD mount high on the stock.

Edited by Kahamu
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That lip that you have circled in red is all that goes into the stock. You really don't need to tap the screws in, the tolerance is so close that they will begin to screw into the stock. Insert them into the backing plate, place the plate on the opposite side of the stock and begin screwing them in till you feel them begin to protude. Position the qd so that one hole aligns up with a screw, tighten a couple turns then align the second hole with the other screw and tighten a couple turns. Alternate tightening each screw so that the qd is pulled evenly till tight.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 5:42 PM, Milspec said:

Good to know about the screws.  I'm more curious how the recessed part of the QD fits.  Does it insert fully/flush into the slot?

I was under the impression that this was the piece that's giving everyone fitment issues.

I'm just looking at pictures and thinking about how it fits.  So my apologies if I'm talking out of my behind.

 

 

iwc.jpg

Mine needed a bit of persuasion. I believe I had to file it a bit. Installed on  newer m1014 “blue receiver” m4

Edited by M2_shootr
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, M2_shootr said:

If one files the sling mount, it WILL seat properly and WONT gouge the stock body.

If you don’t care about gouges or plan on never removing the mount, it’s a non issue.

I take it you filed the edges/lip area where the screw holes are?  It doesn't look like there's a lot of material there.  One must have to file a small amount off each side or I think you'd be into the threads.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2021 at 10:27 AM, Milspec said:

I take it you filed the edges/lip area where the screw holes are?  It doesn't look like there's a lot of material there.  One must have to file a small amount off each side or I think you'd be into the threads.  

Correct, it’s been a while since I did it. But I didn’t take much material off. Maybe 0.030 or so. Basically just removed the hard coat anodizing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...