First Benelli M4 - Which to keep?

CiggyTardust

I got my hands on two Benelli M4s:  one is the LE/Military model with collapsible stock and full magazine tube and the other is the fixed stock civilian model.  I'm trying to decide which to keep.  I understand the LE model is highly desirable and more rare.  Seeing as I'll only be keeping one, I wanted to ask all of your informed opinions on which to keep.  I honestly like the look of the fixed stock model a bit more but the LE model is certainly pretty cool too.  The most important feature for me would be magazine capacity. 

Which brings me to my main question:  what are LE/mil models going for currently, brand new?  I did a few searches here but couldn't find much.  Also, for those of you who have shot both--any considerations I should weigh seeing as I haven't shot either one yet?  This will likely be my only shotgun so I want to make it count.  Thanks in advance.

53 minutes ago, MrMilitaryPolice said:

keep the LE model and buy a fixed pg stock, change out as you wish... fixed stocks are cheap.  best of both worlds

That's a great idea... I may do just that.  

1 hour ago, SynthesMan said:

Try them both out. Keep the one you like more. There's your value-weighed decision.

Nice score btw.

I would do that but suspect that an unfired M4 will go for significantly more than a used one...

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 3:01 PM, MrMilitaryPolice said:

keep the LE model and buy a fixed pg stock, change out as you wish... fixed stocks are cheap.  best of both worlds

Agree. Keep the LE. If you stay with the standard, it will cost a lot to make it an LE, which you will eventually want to do. Costs are minimal to just switch out a stock on the LE, and much easier to do.

• Like 2