Rmr vs t2 for m4

BK02

I’m looking to put a red dot on my m4. I like the size of the rmr, but looking through one before, I didn’t like the blue tint. I haven’t looked through a t2, but from pictures and what I hear they are basically crystal clear like an eotech. Does the .8” factory aimpoint mount have any co-witness if installed on the factory rail? I would like to use the scalarworks mount, but can’t find one in stock. Just wanting feedback on which everyone prefers and why. And pictures would be cool too

thanks for the help 

Edited by BK02

You won't get any cowitness with the stock rail. Just buy the T2 now and rail mount it for now and try it. TBH, you're not going to war and the T2 is rugged enough with enough power reserve to not need cowitness redundancy. If however you later do want that backup sight, then maybe the scalar mount will be back in stock.

• Like 1

The T2 will give you a clearer image and battery life of around 4-5 years of constant on. the RMR has a very good battery life too but it also has the fiber optic/ tritium option. Both are battle tested, both will serve you well.  Cowitness has its draw backs. If your optic gets damaged or muddy both sight and irons are out of commission. If you run a low mount on the rail all you need to do is flick a lever and you have your irons. personally I run a low QD mount RMR because I like running the stock collapsed. I have a BKC front sight and the triangle RMR.

31F8F201-EE18-4CEB-98D8-954A1AB74055.thumb.jpeg.347bbdb5c6ddcbb4db49a5cb8dde0186.jpeg

945FA88F-91E3-4BFF-8EE0-319CE43BE246.thumb.jpeg.aa9c1a995531d451edb43ad3a26767e8.jpeg

B49B0F6C-F2FB-4EC2-9AAD-7833829BF859.thumb.jpeg.97e6c5deb13fa34834457a53798c2217.jpeg

06759928-99C3-46A4-A081-FAFB754E5E8E.thumb.jpeg.5661cd219a6dfd11cf2b56bddc1d6ae2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

+1 on SRO w/ Jagerwerks BROS that adds the missing “battle toughness”  when compared to the RMR that some people point out. I’ve adapted & run the SRO-JW BROS combo on 2 Benelli M4’s and various other firearms, several of which had RMR’s that are now installed on pistols. When the SRO was released, I was skeptical it could compare/surpass the RMR along with the amount of $$$ I already spent on multiple RMR’s. However, the immediate & significantly larger field of view, easier target acquisition and topside battery access of the SRO won me over in practical application and I never looked back. Some automatically dismiss the SRO and point to it’s “larger/higher/forward lip” dimensions..which are so fractionally small while the SRO still retains the identical footprint/mount size as the RMR. When adding the Jagerworks BROS as a protective barrier for the SRO, some people point to the inherit “extra bulk”..just ridiculous..IMO only. Different strokes for different folks and each to their own..I prefer to objectively experience, acknowledge & apply newly developed technologies & improved firearms products for my benefit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BamBam said:

+1 on SRO w/ Jagerwerks BROS that adds the missing “battle toughness”  when compared to the RMR that some people point out. I’ve adapted & run the SRO-JW BROS combo on 2 Benelli M4’s and various other firearms, several of which had RMR’s that are now installed on pistols. When the SRO was released, I was skeptical it could compare/surpass the RMR along with the amount of $$$ I already spent on multiple RMR’s. However, the immediate & significantly larger field of view, easier target acquisition and topside battery access of the SRO won me over in practical application and I never looked back. Some automatically dismiss the SRO and point to it’s “larger/higher/forward lip” dimensions..which are so fractionally small while the SRO still retains the identical footprint/mount size as the RMR. When adding the Jagerworks BROS as a protective barrier for the SRO, some people point to the inherit “extra bulk”..just ridiculous..IMO only. Different strokes for different folks and each to their own..I prefer to objectively experience, acknowledge & apply newly developed technologies & improved firearms products for my benefit.

My issue is the open emitter design.  On pistols, the violent action of the slide can clear debris or water, etc. The shotgun and rifle, not so much. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Unobtanium said:

My issue is the open emitter design.  On pistols, the violent action of the slide can clear debris or water, etc. The shotgun and rifle, not so much. 

I initially thought that then realized my intended use was indoors so little chance of occlusion. Went with a SRO and no regrets. Put the T2 on my pump which is used outdoors. No wrong answer as long as it fits the intended use. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kilyung said:

I initially thought that then realized my intended use was indoors so little chance of occlusion. Went with a SRO and no regrets. Put the T2 on my pump which is used outdoors. No wrong answer as long as it fits the intended use. 

I live pretty rural, tiny spiders/bugs/etc. love tiny spaces. I am not at all saying one will fall into/make a nest and you'll be kilt in da hallways, but it is something to consider.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unobtanium said:

I live pretty rural, tiny spiders/bugs/etc. love tiny spaces. I am not at all saying one will fall into/make a nest and you'll be kilt in da hallways, but it is something to consider.

I see that as a plus to have a venomous spider along for the battle as he/she could jump off and land the coup de grace bite as a true battle buddy should.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I would also suggest taking a look at the upcoming ACRO P-2. This will be primary optic on my M1014. It is basically the same size as a Trijicon RMR with the durability like a T-2 at half the weight (2.1 ounces). The T-2 should also be refreshed within the next year or two as it was launched 7 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Doge said:

I would also suggest taking a look at the upcoming ACRO P-2. This will be primary optic on my M1014. It is basically the same size as a Trijicon RMR with the durability like a T-2 at half the weight (2.1 ounces). The T-2 should also be refreshed within the next year or two as it was launched 7 years ago.

Yeah I looked at the p2. Already ordered the t2 though. It’s more tried and true than the newer stuff and is obviously top notch, so not too worried about it. And if a t3 comes out, that’s just another reason to spend more money lol

Just got the aimpoint in today. Paid the extra $20 or whatever it was for overnight because I have a 3 day weekend and wanted it to get here. Don’t think I’ll be getting the scalarworks mount. I like the height it sits at on the stock rail. Feels similar to shouldering my ar with the 1/3 cowitness eotech that’s on there. Took some pictures in case anyone wants to know how it looks0462A835-E38D-4515-B295-C61E6FA816C7.thumb.jpeg.fdb3b09914b4579c965baab8d8973dd5.jpeg1E8BFA66-E283-4EA5-9B10-1A6D5A24B22D.thumb.jpeg.1ddbd722da7768bf1e012b7ca7216765.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Unobtanium said:

The Comp M5 was your T3.

That’s what I was thinking. I’m not sure what they could do to make the t2 better. Maybe 7075? The glass is already basically crystal clear, battery life is great. As long as they don’t add some dumb shake awake shit or a solar panel, I don’t care. 

1 hour ago, BK02 said:

That’s what I was thinking. I’m not sure what they could do to make the t2 better. Maybe 7075? The glass is already basically crystal clear, battery life is great. As long as they don’t add some dumb shake awake shit or a solar panel, I don’t care. 

Id like to see bigger glass, thinner housing, if possible.

• Upvote 2