Rmr vs t2 for m4

BK02

3 hours ago, Doge said:

I had an LE discount available so picked one up with the mount.

image.png

I dig it. But for T3 Micro I would like to see turret adjustment without caps. Perhaps flush like the Aimpoint ACRO or Trijicon SRO. Don't change mounts.

How much is a LE discount for the t2? I already pulled the trigger on one after trying a RMR.. not a fan. 

Yeah they are! Been waiting forever for their T-2s to come in but kenziesoptics.com had a comparable deal going this weekend. Finally got a T-2.. feels great in the middle stock position. May just forget about getting a scalarworks sync and keep it as is. 

Screenshot_20211016-201953_Gallery.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2021 at 2:36 PM, Fullassault said:

With the ACRO just dropping & M5 using The lens geometry and technology from the T-2 a T-3 might be some time off.

New Duty RDS. For a rifle, but you can see they are going to a flush adjustment and keypad like from the ACRO P-2. Looks like it can take a T-2 low mount?

Aimpoint Launches the new Duty RDS Red Dot Sight - Soldier Systems Dailyimage.png.759216ae2baa6263f42c7357b49908cc.png

https://www.aimpoint.com/products/new-releases/duty-rds-2-moa-red-dot-reflex-sight-with-39-mm-one-piece-tnp-mount-and-spacer

Edited by Doge
  • Upvote 1

On 10/15/2021 at 7:32 PM, Doge said:

I had an LE discount available so picked one up with the mount.

image.png

I dig it. But for T3 Micro I would like to see turret adjustment without caps. Perhaps flush like the Aimpoint ACRO or Trijicon SRO. Don't change mounts.

Scalar Works offers a T-2 on a LEAP mount for $799.00.

2 hours ago, Doge said:

That is a good deal. I personally don't like my LEAP since I prefer throw levers.

Buy the combo package, sell the LEAP if that's not your thing, get the T-2 for under $700, I haven't found a better deal anywhere. 

Here's a clue - load the shopping cart and note total. You won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doge said:

New Duty RDS. For a rifle, but you can see they are going to a flush adjustment and keypad like from the ACRO P-2. Looks like it can take a T-2 low mount?

Aimpoint Launches the new Duty RDS Red Dot Sight - Soldier Systems Dailyimage.png.759216ae2baa6263f42c7357b49908cc.png

https://www.aimpoint.com/products/new-releases/duty-rds-2-moa-red-dot-reflex-sight-with-39-mm-one-piece-tnp-mount-and-spacer

That’s interesting. It’s forged aluminum according to their website. Weird how the battery life is less than a t2 considering they already have the technology to get 50k hours. I guess to just save a little money.

4 minutes ago, Doge said:

So LE discount is 449$ for the Duty RDS ?.

Battery life is underwhelming but the trade off is the lower price. Think of how many batteries you would need to offset the difference in price to a T-2.

Yeah battery life isn’t really a downside, but what else do you think effected price that much? I bet the glass isn’t as clear as the t2. Or maybe it is, that would be nice to not have to spend $750+ to get clear glass on a red dot. 

If you look closely, you can see the body isn't machined much. So most likely, it is forged, then the mount surface and holes are machined and threaded, and then tumbled/laser etched/anodized/assembled. Whereas the other optics are completely machined.

So reviews from the big youtubers will probably be uploaded soon. Wait and see if it will be a hit or flop like the ACRO P-1.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, bh27 said:

I have a t1 laying around, do you think they'll hold up just as well as a t2?

I don’t have personal experience with t1s, but I’ve seen them thrown out of a helicopter on a ddm4a1 by LAV on an older video on YouTube. Glass cracked, dot was still visible and zero was held good enough to hit targets. 

1 hour ago, BK02 said:

I don’t have personal experience with t1s, but I’ve seen them thrown out of a helicopter on a ddm4a1 by LAV on an older video on YouTube. Glass cracked, dot was still visible and zero was held good enough to hit targets. 

Actually not only did they throw the DD AR with the Aimpoint T-1 out of a helicopter from a couple of hundred feet twice (a do over was called for since their primary camera wasn't running to catch the first drop) they also blew up a car with the DD AR hanging from the rear view mirror during their thorough torture test. The tortured T-1/DD AR combo held zero until the helicopter drops, and I suspect the reason why it lost zero from the 1st and/or 2nd helicopter drop is because the AR probably landed muzzle first and that impact affected the barrel or the barrel to upper interface and wasn't actually an issue with the T-1. 

I have several T-1s, T-2s, and a H-2.  The only thing I've been able to find out about the difference between the T-1/H-1 and T-2/H-2 is Aimpoint claims less parallax error with the later T-2/H-2 version. I've also noted that the red dot is brighter on the highest setting on the T-2/H-2 vs. the T-1.

That Daniel Defense AR is on display in the Daniel Defense lobby. Aimpoint asked for the T-1 and DD refused to hand it over, preferring to keep it on display with their torture tested AR.

I have more faith in Aimpoint than any other brand RDS optic.

Edited by Sukhoi_fan
  • Upvote 1

On 1/11/2022 at 4:28 PM, Doge said:

Speaking of the Acro P-2, anyone seen one available lately?  I don't think I've seen them in stock since the summer.  That was Brownell's and the price wasn't great.

4 hours ago, Sukhoi_fan said:

Actually not only did they throw the DD AR with the Aimpoint T-1 out of a helicopter from a couple of hundred feet twice (a do over was called for since their primary camera wasn't running to catch the first drop) they also blew up a car with the DD AR hanging from the rear view mirror during their thorough torture test. The tortured T-1/DD AR combo held zero until the helicopter drops, and I suspect the reason why it lost zero from the 1st and/or 2nd helicopter drop is because the AR probably landed muzzle first and that impact affected the barrel or the barrel to upper interface and wasn't actually an issue with the T-1. 

I have several T-1s, T-2s, and a H-2.  The only thing I've been able to find out about the difference between the T-1/H-1 and T-2/H-2 is Aimpoint claims less parallax error with the later T-2/H-2 version. I've also noted that the red dot is brighter on the highest setting on the T-2/H-2 vs. the T-1.

That Daniel Defense AR is on display in the Daniel Defense lobby. Aimpoint asked for the T-1 and DD refused to hand it over, preferring to keep it on display with their torture tested AR.

I have more faith in Aimpoint than any other brand RDS optic.

I've seen that episode a couple times.  That DD and the Aimpoint got pounded.  Aimpoints are tougher than Chuck Norris's doo doo.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Milspec said:

Speaking of the Acro P-2, anyone seen one available lately?  I don't think I've seen them in stock since the summer.  That was Brownell's and the price wasn't great.

A small batch was shipped out in the tail end of December.

I have 2 on order with no updates. Got the mounts already in.

image.png.e0396cbf9a8d5cb586ef7ff4ef072c43.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Milspec said:

Aimpoint had them in stock for maybe 5 mins back in December. Rooftopdefense.com had them for sale last week. They are out there, just need to be lucky...

• Upvote 1

On 1/11/2022 at 4:28 PM, Doge said:

Looks interesting, it has 15% better light transmission and is cheaper but it’s heavier  (about 1 oz) & has a little more than half the battery life of a T. I look forward to seeing a review. Not sure I like the button controls, they look small and close together.