Rmr vs t2 for m4

BK02

3 hours ago, Unobtanium said:

My P2 and ADM Ti mount arrived today (together---nice!).

Under white light or ambient, I am VERY pleased with the P2. Under NODS, it is underwhelming to say the least. On the dimmest setting, it is just about to bloom, and "smears" very easily. As you may know, under NODS it's very hard to keep a straight line between eye----NOD---Optic---Target. This is why parallax is such a huge deal in night vision compatible optics, as well. Anyway, the least bit of "off axis" you are, the Acro will "smear" out like an RDS with a person who has astigmatism. The T2 does this a small amount if you turn it up a bit bright for conditions and make the angle extreme, but the P2 is easily 2-3x as bad. It is not unusable, but after you use a T2, you won't be pleased. As far as light transmission, the T2 slightly edged out my P2 under NODS. Not worth really bragging on, just a minor footnote. Both are fully serviceable with a PVS14, except the P2 may annoy you with its lowest brightness setting being on the very upper limit of what you'd like for dark environs. For urban, I bet it does much better all around. That said, at night the buttons also take some getting used to finding, while the T2's dial is self explanatory to find and manipulate. If you throw gloves into the equation, and a hair big of stress, the P2 would become entirely unusable in varying lighting conditions. Overall, great pistol optic where the gun is held more on your centerline, but not my choice for a long gun.

Great review. I did not think to check it under nods since I don't primarily run with them. Overall I agree with you, the P2 is not better than the T2. The marginal weight savings of 1.3oz and slightly smaller size may not be worth it to some. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, brightt said:

thoughts on the Aimpoint H1 4moa

was just offered one in a trade

Trade for what? The T1/H1 is a robust sight, but has some parallax issues, and it loses market value because the T2 exists. Also...what are you going to do with it? Put it on a shotgun for use in the visible spectrum only? I'd say it would do quite well for that.