Can only load 4 rounds in 5 round OEM M4 tube

foob

FC flight control 00 is one of those brands among others that seem to run a touch longer in the overall shell length that can cause issues with loading the seventh round or in your case the 5th round.

Some people clip a coil off of the spring or buy another spring like a Wolf. I have found that in loading in my case the seventh round, I push it in until I reach resistance and then still using my thumb, start pumping the shell into the tube until it finally clicks past the shell stop.

Funny thing that once the shell gets past the stop, I can push the shell further forward into the mag tube past the stop I'd say about 3/16" of an inch. So there is enough room in there, it just takes a little coaxing with the Federal FC 00. Pretty sure I have a Wolf spring because that is what CarrierComp supplies with their 7 round tubes.

I have some Military 00 buck that all seven go in without any finessing needed.

Edited by Evolution