New Charging Handle

Ben elLes

So Just received my charging handle and it’s basically flush with the side of the gun.  I can’t even fit a piece of paper under it.  Can see wear marks just from racking it a few times so I’m not going to use it.  Sadly now that I have tried another one I do like how much nicer it is in comparison to the OEM.    Looking for recommendations on how to fix this one or one I should blow another 80 bucks on.

(Can see wear marks that rubbed off in the picture, as well as one that wouldn’t after handle was removed)

2B5C3FBF-5B59-48E2-B1A0-3D6D17429286.jpeg

60214908-05C6-4275-AF7B-8D943E4DD447.jpeg

Ya, ordered awhile ago, just received.  Read the mixed reviews lately while waiting and figured it wouldn’t happen to me.  What ever least I knew better than to go out and fire it.  More likely my unluckyness with the bolt carrier than the design?  Although an extra 16th would maybe make it work for all of us

Edited by Ben elLes

11 hours ago, Ben elLes said:

So Just received my charging handle and it’s basically flush with the side of the gun.  I can’t even fit a piece of paper under it.  Can see wear marks just from racking it a few times so I’m not going to use it.  Sadly now that I have tried another one I do like how much nicer it is in comparison to the OEM.    Looking for recommendations on how to fix this one or one I should blow another 80 bucks on.

(Can see wear marks that rubbed off in the picture, as well as one that wouldn’t after handle was removed)

2B5C3FBF-5B59-48E2-B1A0-3D6D17429286.jpeg

60214908-05C6-4275-AF7B-8D943E4DD447.jpeg

I would be willing to make you a much nicer one that I guarantee will fit tight and not touch the receiver. It would be polished 17-4 like I’ve posted recently. I’m not sure how hard it is to test fit a charging handle in a gun before you ship out junk, but FFT is a joke. PM me if you’re interested. 

• Upvote 2

For the record I just installed this exact charging handle yesterday and found the same thing- BARELY any space between, and no way am I going to shoot it with it that close.  What a waste.  I am testing the Taran tactical handle now, at least there is no worries about it rubbing. . .

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 8:33 AM, BK02 said:

I would be willing to make you a much nicer one that I guarantee will fit tight and not touch the receiver. It would be polished 17-4 like I’ve posted recently. I’m not sure how hard it is to test fit a charging handle in a gun before you ship out junk, but FFT is a joke. PM me if you’re interested. 

Looks and works great.  Plenty of room for my piece of mind.  Thank you for making this for me

B67636F6-C34C-40C9-806B-2954A8F42F7F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Ben elLes said:

Looks and works great.  Plenty of room for my piece of mind.  Thank you for making this for me

B67636F6-C34C-40C9-806B-2954A8F42F7F.jpeg

12 hours ago, StreetSweeper56 said:

Yup, here is mine from bk02; looks great, fits well and won't rub.

20211015_165612.jpg

20211015_165634.jpg

Awesome, glad they fit and function fine on both of your examples! 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 7:46 AM, StrangerDanger said:

Just curious, are you pushed past the detent in the bolt handle? You can over insert the handles since there isn’t a stop present that limits the depth. When you rotate the handle, you should feel it engage and disengage the three notches on the handle. 

This can easily be designed to stop the handle from over inserting.  I have made this design on mine, it cannot be overinserted, it is simple engineering where the handle tapers to the pin, when properly designed the handle cannot go too far (even when the detent is not engaged).  Surprising that some manufacturers continue to have issues with over insertion.  

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the GG&G and like it a lot. It's a "rotating" design, i.e. the bolt handle can rotate freely. Some people might not like it. But, it makes more sense for over-sized bolt handles on Benelli M4. Since M4 doesn't have a locking mechanism on the bolt handle, a "non-rotating" over-sized bolt handle could be rotated and pulled out accidentally. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, D'zaster said:

I have a GGG oversized handle that I found has enough side-to-side play when installed that it can rub slightly on the receiver. 

Really? Mine is ok. Did you get it before GG&G changed the design for M4 specifically? 

• 3 months later...

I’ve had the same problem with the one from FFT. I communicated with them and they gave their song and dance. I’ve been around shotguns for a very long time and have never seen such a tight fit and lack of spacing. I just opted to eat it and purchase two for taran. Needless to say my business has navigated towards other vender’s. The said fact about FFT is that they won’t cowboy up to their poor design. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Devil Dawg said:

I’ve had the same problem with the one from FFT. I communicated with them and they gave their song and dance. I’ve been around shotguns for a very long time and have never seen such a tight fit and lack of spacing. I just opted to eat it and purchase two for taran. Needless to say my business has navigated towards other vender’s. The said fact about FFT is that they won’t cowboy up to their poor design. 

Yeah if I hadn’t had a picture of rub marks on two different shotguns I don’t know how it would have turned out.  Likely would have been eating it.