The end of NP3 for end users at Wright

Dkay67

4 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

I got the email too. This really sucks. I had several builds planned out that won’t be happening now as a result. 

I reached out to Todd @ FFT and the screen caps are his response to how, or how not, this Wright Armory change would affect his operation since he is a quasi manufacturer

See caps...

Screenshot_20211005-131303_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20211005-131344_YouTube.jpg

3 hours ago, Dkay67 said:

I reached out to Todd @ FFT and the screen caps are his response to how, or how not, this Wright Armory change would affect his operation since he is a quasi manufacturer

See caps...

Screenshot_20211005-131303_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20211005-131344_YouTube.jpg

So how is it not going to affect him having access to the coatings if it’s being discontinued by the manufacturer...?

1 hour ago, BK02 said:

So how is it not going to affect him having access to the coatings if it’s being discontinued by the manufacturer...?

Only end user, retail market seems to be affected. 

Manufacturers can still send batches for coating is my understanding. Wright probably wants to focus on commercial and not the ticky tack onesie-twosie piece projects

4 hours ago, KyleL said:

What’s the cost to have the M4 completely NP3 coated?

Expect 1200-1600 depending on accessories. Example, if you have a titanium magazine tube, that can't be plated, so the cost is lower.

I built a forum member a high end AR15 that was completely NP3 plated. He took it to a 3 Gun competition and let some of the guys try it out. They stated it shot better than their race guns and it wasn't set up to be a race gun. It had a B.E. Meyers 249 flash suppressor instead of a comp. You could clean it with a paper towel except the bore.

NaYmpMQ.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 10/5/2021 at 7:44 PM, M2_shootr said:

Meh……CeraCoat for me

CeraCoat is good, but not NP3 good. It is however fine in most instances. My pocket CCW pistol has been CeraCoat'd twice now. It gets a lot of sweat and salts on it during the hot summer months. I would bet big money that if I would have had it NP3, that it would outlast me.

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2021 at 7:52 PM, StrangerDanger said:

Expect 1200-1600 depending on accessories. Example, if you have a titanium magazine tube, that can't be plated, so the cost is lower.

I built a forum member a high end AR15 that was completely NP3 plated. He took it to a 3 Gun competition and let some of the guys try it out. They stated it shot better than their race guns and it wasn't set up to be a race gun. It had a B.E. Meyers 249 flash suppressor instead of a comp. You could clean it with a paper towel except the bore.

NaYmpMQ.jpg

That looks really sweet.

How does the NP3 hold up or allow adherence- say for example you had to go full Charlie Whiskey 2 mode and rattle can the exterior

On 10/14/2021 at 9:29 AM, Dkay67 said:

That looks really sweet.

How does the NP3 hold up or allow adherence- say for example you had to go full Charlie Whiskey 2 mode and rattle can the exterior

The plater states that paint won't adhere well to the NP3. My Cerakoter ends up roughing up the NP3 with a bead blaster to get it adhere. 

• 3 months later...

Has anyone received their parts back from Wright that were sent in by the cut off date?  I'm waiting for a few components to come back.  Based on previous history my estimation is anywhere between now and the next 4 weeks.

Mine were in "NP3 in process" as of 10/29 I believe.

Still waiting on my batch to come back.

Shipped In Order Received Shipped In Order Received 10/08/2021 08:42 pm BS
Invoice Needed Invoice Needed... 10/16/2021 03:23 pm CP
Deposit Needed Deposit Needed Before Work Can Begin... 10/16/2021 10:10 pm BW
Part Count For NP3 / ... Part Count For NP3 / Metal Finish Needed... 10/25/2021 04:30 pm BW
Prep For NP3 / Metal ... Prep For NP3 / Metal Finish Needed... 10/26/2021 09:03 pm BS
PO For NP3 / Metal Finish PO For NP3 / Metal Finish Needed... 10/28/2021 11:33 pm BS
NP3 / Metal Finish In... NP3 / Metal Finish In Process... 10/29/2021 05:22 am BW
Edited by StrangerDanger
  • Upvote 1

Looks like you and I are in the same batch.  Pretty soon I'm thinking.

Invoice Needed Invoice Needed... 10/12/2021 07:54 pm BW
Deposit Needed Deposit Needed Before Work Can Begin... 10/13/2021 01:16 am BW
Disassembly Needed Disassembly Needed... 10/13/2021 11:54 am CP
Part Count For NP3 / ... PO & Part Count For NP3 / Metal Finish Needed...

In bin 333
10/14/2021 05:37 pm AH
Prep For NP3 / Metal ... Prep For NP3 / Metal Finish Needed... 10/21/2021 06:34 pm BS
PO For NP3 / Metal Finish PO For NP3 / Metal Finish Needed... 10/27/2021 02:19 pm BS
NP3 / Metal Finish In... NP3 / Metal Finish In Process... 10/29/2021 11:23 pm BW

NP3 is getting increasingly more limited in retail sourcing outlets. I recently cobbled together these 14" SBS Mossberg Shockwave's, .410 & 20 gauge with NP3 coating of all the action parts. The .410 was done by Robar (no longer doing NP3) and the 20 ga. sourced by Vang Comp while they were extending the forcing cone / porting the barrel last year.  Keep them handy in one of my load-out rooms for varmints and 2-legged malcontents. There is no aluminum tri-rail option for the .410 mossberg so for fun I fabricated a 6061 aluminum bushing on the lathe to mate the Mossberg .410 to the 20/12 gauge tri rail forend tubes.

IMG_0499MOSSBERG 590 SHOCKWAVE ROMEO3 MAX RRS TRIPOD POOLSIDE 08.21.21 ANNOTATED copy.jpg

IMG_0502MOSSBERG 590 SHOCKWAVE ROMEO3 MAX RRS TRIPOD POOLSIDE 08.21.21 SERIAL NO REDACTED copy.jpg

IMG_3845 copy 3 Annotated copy.jpg

IMG_5261 copy 2.jpg

IMG_8313 copy.jpg

IMG_9871Mossberg 590 20 Gauge Receiver Stock Assembly Initial 07.09.21 copy 2.jpg

IMG_0508Closet 08.22.21 copy Annotated 01.24.22.jpg

Edited by benelliwerkes
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thats interesting that they took a pic of them laid out. I didn't get that level of service, but I was only submitting miscellaneous parts for the bolt & carrier, the Argo system, and other moving parts for my M4.

Mind if I see how they sent that pic layout?

2 hours ago, Dkay67 said:

Thats interesting that they took a pic of them laid out. I didn't get that level of service, but I was only submitting miscellaneous parts for the bolt & carrier, the Argo system, and other moving parts for my M4.

Mind if I see how they sent that pic layout?

I don't think they provided me any special service but it was kind of cool.  Maybe I'm a problem customer.  ?

Also if you do as SD mentioned above and click on your repair order you might see a photo in there.  I think they emailed me this when they received my parts and it's also in my repair log.

Wright.thumb.jpg.9b3855a4bd1b5821719f72b6cb9fcd4c.jpg

Edited by Milspec
  • Upvote 3