Adhesive backed shell carriers stick to NP3?

31b

I’m considering sending my M4 to Wright Armory to have it NP3 plated before the October 15th deadline.  Does anyone know if sidesaddle shell carriers that use adhesive, such as EssTac or Aridus Industries, to attach the carrier to the receiver will stick to an NP3 plated surface?  If not, can the NP3 be “prepped” some how to allow the adhesive to stick?  I did a search and I can’t find any info on this topic.  Obviously, I am running out of time if I want to get one of the last opportunities for NP3 plating.  Any firsthand experience is greatly appreciated.

TIA

11 minutes ago, KyleL said:

What’s the cost to have the M4 completely NP3 coated?

When I spoke w/ Wright Armory week before last a rough estimate was about $700-$800 but that included chemical stripping and disassembly/reassembly.  

I spoke to them on Tuesday but now I want to include aftermarket parts for NP3 plating, open up the loading port and reassemble w/ the aftermarket parts and I was told they would need to have everything there to give an estimate.  

2 hours ago, StrangerDanger said:

Expect it to creep up into the 1200-1600 dollar range for a complete M4 with all accessories done.

I think the velcro adhesive will stick alright to the NP3 finish. Just be sure to wipe the receiver down multiple times with alcohol to remove any surface contaminants.

Thanks for the heads-up on the final cost. And for your input on the adhesive sticking to NP3.

31 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

Absolute worst case if the adhesive won't stick, you could have that area blasted and Cerakoted. I did this for the FDE H2O I built. I had no issues with the velcro adhesive sticking to Cerakote.

63Tg8am.jpg

Ok good to know.  Your expertise is much appreciated.