Hot Deal on a Nice Weapon Light -- Cloud Defensive Rein

les_garten

• les_garten changed the title to Hot Deal on a Nice Weapon Light -- Cloud Defensive Rein
53 minutes ago, Sukhoi_fan said:

Good deal however shipping was excessive for two (>$42, WOW) plus the sales tax hit put each at $205.

You can select $9.95 shipping, just look for it.   I said the same thing!   But I selected the low shipping and it tried to put it back in on the final page, watch for that one.

I'm with you on being pissed about the tax, but cannot find anyone that doesn't charge it since about a year ago.  Plain and simple robbery on mail order stuff.

Mine was $190 with tax, tag and dealer prep...

Edited by les_garten

13 minutes ago, Milspec said:

Does it align with the IWC QD sling/light mount?

Yes, it is a Scout Mount Light

I was looking at 3 lights recently for that mount on my Binelli M4

The Cloud Defense Rein

The SureFire M6400DF

The Modlight

The Modlight and CLoud Defense came down to just too much $$$

I wanted the Cloud Defense over the other two because it would make a great shotgun light.

Ended up with the Surefire, wished this had been available at the time

Edited by les_garten
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SynthesMan said:

Damn good deal - I bought a couple with that trade-in program they're running. Got a full size Rein and 2 Micros. Phenomenal lights.

I tried to do that trade-in but they force you to buy their tapeswitch and their mount which was $$$ and I didn't need them.

Edited by les_garten
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ky11e said:

'Naked' Rein full size compliments the cerakote titanium well.

20210519_205002.jpg

Is there enough clearance between the light head and the barrel?  Can you get the battery out if needed while it's attached to the IWC mount?

It looks like your tail cap is slightly different. 

Edited by Milspec
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Milspec said:

The Rein looks awesome.  I know the OWL is made in the USA not sure about their other lights.

All of their lights are made in the USA. I have an owl on my 10.5” 5.56 and my lady has a Rein on her 10.5”. Super nice lights, impressively good throw with also a good amount of spill. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sukhoi_fan said:

Good deal however shipping was excessive for two (>$42, WOW) plus the sales tax hit put each at $205.

They were good enough to reduce the shipping costs to $9.95 even after they shipped it 2 day. Be advised I did not opt for the two day shipping, their website automatically did that to my order.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sukhoi_fan said:

They were good enough to reduce the shipping costs to $9.95 even after they shipped it 2 day. Be advised I did not opt for the two day shipping, their website automatically did that to my order.

Double Be Advised:  I picked $9.95 shipping after gawking at the $41 shipping and saying WTH, then later in the checkout process it reset the shipping to $41 bucks.  Almost did not catch that.

Edited by les_garten
  • Like 1

Mr Gunsngear did a good review on the Rein.  He compared it to Modlites, SF Dual Fuel and the OWL.  He does a pretty nice job on all light reviews.

No one seems to have much of a concern about unprotected battery cells.

Edited by Milspec

• 2 weeks later...

I’m concerned about the extra weight  this light has.  The M4 is front heavy already.  I know we’re only talking and extra 2-3 oz over a SF M600 but the M4 is hefty.  I know the tool steel bezel adds some justifiable oz to it.  As the competitors use aluminum.

Has anyone noticed the extra weight up front?  I also notice the clicky buttons sits back roughly 1/2” or so farther.  Any issues with comfort or thumb jam?

Edited by Milspec