M1014 pinned skeleton stock??

RJHUB

Drive out the pin.

Many newer M1014 models will need a three position tube to allow the stock body to collapse 

It’s really all about the tube. If it has the position cuts, the stock body will collapse. The body has nothing to do with it.

Edited by M2_shootr
  • Upvote 1

Talking about using the stock on another M4 that does have notches.

Just wondering if anybody has details about removing pin.  And does that stock lock on notches for adjustment not just pinned on the end of tube.

It does look like the same stock with release button.

9 hours ago, RJHUB said:

Talking about using the stock on another M4 that does have notches.

Just wondering if anybody has details about removing pin.  And does that stock lock on notches for adjustment not just pinned on the end of tube.

It does look like the same stock with release button.

Need to post some pics for those questions

Ok.  I traced some of those old post back and found out there is a screw under the cheek pad holding 

it in position(Pinned).  Sounds like they possibly have red loctite on it.  

I will let you know if I spend another 1799. and remove that screw to get a collapsible for my H2O.

Probably not.  I like the field stock.  But it is tempting.

This M1014 is in SC where it shouldn't be pinned.  I have seen them before where you can take them to middle to remove.

This one is pinned and will not move.  Just a little back and forth.  Earlier post dealt with this and there is a screw holding in 

full extended position.  May be how they do all of them now.  Still tempted to buy it.  And I like the flag.

13 hours ago, D'zaster said:

I'm guessing the M1014 w "skeleton stock" and US flag are all pinned regardless of where its sold??  

No, my m1014 isn’t pinned. Does have the fully extended tube though

They were only pinned for states that require them to be pinned. Often done at a dealer prior to customer taking possession 

1 hour ago, M2_shootr said:

No, my m1014 isn’t pinned. Does have the fully extended tube though

They were only pinned for states that require them to be pinned. Often done at a dealer prior to customer taking possession 

That's why I thought it was strange that this one is pinned in South Carolina.

All others I have seen would move to center position for removal.

This one would not.  So, that is why I started the post about how does it come off.

Found StrangerDanger and others had dealt with this in some old post.

Therefore the talk about removing the screw under the cover on the butt pad.

There's a chance this model was meant for sale in California, or it was resold and made its way to South Carolina.

If I had to guess, there is an added screw beneath the plastic cheek riser on the collapsible stock that prevents the unlock button from being pressed. Since California sucks so much, they mandated that Benelli sell the M1014's with this additional screw so that the stock didn't collapse even to the removal notch. Since collapsing to the removal notch is still collapsing in the eyes of an idiot. So they screwed all of the M1014 owners (literally and figuratively) to the point where you cannot physically even remove the stock from the gun without dissembling the comb and getting that screw out. So if you have to work on your gun in California, you have to hide in the closet while you remove that evil screw which makes you a violent instant felon. Or maybe you should have to drive to a free state in order to you know, clean out the receiver extension of your M4 or swap stocks.

These screws usually had red Loctite on them, so you may need some heat to get it out. A basic heat gun should be able to handle it. Once it is removed, the stock should function as intended. This photo from the link above shows where you can see the head of the screw between the comb and the aluminum frame of the stock. The screw prevents the button from being pressed in by interfering with the button's normal movement. The screw isn't long enough to damage the spring that rides in the center of the button against the aluminum frame of the stock.

BE0E6888-4F7F-4BB5-910B-095984AAB8E8.jpeg

9ED591DA-CE98-4C00-A9FD-FCF2F65F99AB.jpeg

Comb removed showing the screw.

Edited by StrangerDanger
More pics.

Thanks Stranger Danger, I dug up those old post.

Thought I would buy the next one position stock m1014 I found local.  Was gonna put that stock on my H20.

Well they had one in Sportsmen Warehouse and I asked to see it.  I was familiar with how they work.

This one didn't work.  So I didn't get it yet.  Was gonna see if Stanger would tell me how to remove.

Now I'm still procrastinating. Might go take a look again tomorrow.  Also have become fond of my field stock.