FS Benelli M4 14" SBS Short Barrel - New

DailyEDC

This is brand new purchased from Benelliparts.net

I've only tested fitted it to take some pics but have never shot it.

This is a complete assembly with pistons and front sight.  To install, you simply remove the existing barrel and then put this one in instead.

You can check my history on this forum, I've done quite a few transaction here over the years.

$800 shipped via Paypal G&S

20150928-075035.jpg

20150928_075035.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Unobtanium said:

Why the sale, if I may ask?

I'm in CA and I originally purchased it to do the permanent 4 inch muzzle brake extension modification so it would permanently be an 18" barrel but I decided just to use my stock barrel because I'm not fully sure how the extension thing works in the eyes of the law.

7 hours ago, SynthesMan said:

Daaaang - I'm in CA too, and I still want it! ?

it's no doubt a really cool upgrade...it's just questionable what would happen if you ever had to use it.  I think the muzzle brake upgrade makes it legit, i'm just not sure on how to truly make it convincingly permanent because although loctite and the more permanent versions of loctite can make it next to impossible to pull apart...12 gauge kicks pretty damn hard so it's hard to say what will come loose after you take some shots.  if there was a way to pin it on, but I haven't seen anyone do that yet and don't even know if there's enough space to somehow pin it.

3 hours ago, DailyEDC said:

it's no doubt a really cool upgrade...it's just questionable what would happen if you ever had to use it.  I think the muzzle brake upgrade makes it legit, i'm just not sure on how to truly make it convincingly permanent because although loctite and the more permanent versions of loctite can make it next to impossible to pull apart...12 gauge kicks pretty damn hard so it's hard to say what will come loose after you take some shots.  if there was a way to pin it on, but I haven't seen anyone do that yet and don't even know if there's enough space to somehow pin it.

For a muzzle device on an SBR length barrel to take it to non-NFA length and be a non-NFA weapon, it must be pinned/welded. Loctite and other adhesives are not satisfactory, per letter of the law.

Further, if it's going to be that long anyway, why give up burn-time and sight radius?

I think you are doing the functionally/technically/legally sound thing.

• Upvote 1

I would sacrifice some of that in exchange for the shorter weapon inside the home, if I wasn't forced to re-extend it.  And I couldn't tell any difference in recoil with the muzzle brake on with the stock barrel, not sure if it would be any different on the shorter barrel.

11 hours ago, Unobtanium said:

For a muzzle device on an SBR length barrel to take it to non-NFA length and be a non-NFA weapon, it must be pinned/welded. Loctite and other adhesives are not satisfactory, per letter of the law.

Further, if it's going to be that long anyway, why give up burn-time and sight radius?

I think you are doing the functionally/technically/legally sound thing.

Except you can't just buy a short barrel and slap it on a stamp-less gun. Owning both at the same time without a stamp is also super sketchy. Lastly, California has restrictions on working collapsible stocks and it is basically impossible to enter NFA territory here. soooo.... ugh yeah...?

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...