Speculation on Federal regulations - Benelli M4

Fett Tracking

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=200567

They shut the thread down to end speculation.

I'm looking FOR speculation.

From what I collect out of this letter is that the Benelli M4 (with pistol grip) is an illegal weapon because it has 11 imported parts...correct?

And the magazine tube extension would make the grand total 12 imported parts right..?

I'm sure this has been adressed, but it should probably be tacked up somewhere.

What is the real deal with the Feds and the M4?

-Fett :confused:

[ 10-09-2006, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Fett Tracking ]

IMHO, it's sensitive because the BATF knows that there a thousands of such weapons out there and the owners of Benellis for the most part are not the lawbreaking type.

The BATF has better things to do and bigger fish to fry, than to have to worry about applying some BS law to the letter against otherwise law-abiding and upstanding citizens.

Of course, the enforcement personell at the BATF cannot officially say such things, as this would stick in the craw of the child molesting, alcoholic, embezzling, cheating, lying, theiving politicians who worked so hard to appease some special interest group by enacting the retarded law to begin with.

Don't ask the question if there's a chance you won't like the answer!

Also see Constitution of the United Staes of Amercia - Ammendment 2.

http://www.benelliusa.com/forums/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/3129.html#000000

Merry Xmas.

From that ... the M4 is made up of 11 imported parts. This part count does not make it illegal, it just means that you cannot have certain features (more than 5 round tube, collapsible stock).

When you add a US made full length tube, you have dropped the imported part count to 10, which makes the above laws irrelevant.

That being said, the probability of the ATF busting you for a modified benelli is very, very unlikely.

Be advised some states, like the wonderful one I live in, have their own obnoxious gun laws which ban items that are not banned federally.

[ 10-09-2006, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Duggan ]

Actualy I was just joking because it is such a null subject. Sorta like Tucker and Duggan said, it has bored us to sleep so I was just joshing with you. Did you ever see the smiley beating the dead horse? Imagine you are seeing it right here X ....zzzzzzzzzz oh sorry, where was I?

Shoot em if ya got em!!

Consider the source of the information. It is a highly unreliable source. People call ar15.com the "disinformation cowpath". There is a reason for that and why quality people like Pat Rogers, David Tubb et al left there long ago.

[ 10-10-2006, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: MyBoyElroy ]

Originally posted by tucker301:

quote:
There is a reason for that and why quality people like Pat Rogers, David Tubb et al left there long ago.
Puts me in good company.

The post was by M4Madness.

He's a member here as well. [/QB]M4Madness may be a good guy. Don't know him. My comment is in reference to the website where the information is posted. The signal-to-noise ratio there is as low as it can get. More bad information and kiddie talk comes from that site than any other of which I am aware since it was taken over by airsofters and teenagers.

Good call. Since I'm new to the forums, and to Benelli guns (as well as the heavy research that comes with them) I guess I was just trying to find the easy way.

:(

Oh well, I've done a search for "M4" and am currently working my way through time, reading every thread. I'm on page 11 of 16 or something like that. Just too much to process...

Originally posted by MyBoyElroy:

More bad information and kiddie talk comes from that site than any other of which I am aware since it was taken over by airsofters and teenagers.

That's only in the "AR Discussions" forum, where every troll hangs out.

Post in any of the technical forums, or in the team forums, and you have lots and lots of awesome information.

The General Discussion is completely unreliable ... but any of the specific forums (rifle upper/lower/barrels, build it yourself, shotgun, ammunition) have awesome people and excellent information. The Team forum especially is an awesome resource, as it's a group of people who actually care enough about the place to donate annually.

You should take another look.

[ 10-10-2006, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Duggan ]

Here's what amazes me about the place.

I posted a link to an article regarding some illegal immigrants, only I refered to them using a commonly used slang term.

Derogatory? Probably no more the term "Illegal" should be.

My post was deleted for containing a racial epithet, and my membership was revoked.

Today, I was looking around on there to see if anything worthwhile was there and I ran across this thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=505866

In a supposedly PC mindful forum, this thing is 11 pages long and still going strong :rolleyes:

Looks to me like they pick and choose their morals as needed.

Duggan, I agree that there is some solid information there, and I further agree that the General Discussion is full of children and morons.

But the source of the information M4Madness posted (in the Shotgun forume) wasn't anyone on AR15.com, it was the BATFE!
Is this the same BATFE that scares Benelli so bad that they won't even sell a mag extension for a Nova PUMP gun ?

The BATF that tells Benelli they cannot import the M1 or M2 practicals that do not have pistol grips, yet continues to allow fully legal sales of the imported, standard stocked, +5 round magazine tubed FN SLPs and Winchester Super X2 Practicals ?

Yes, the BATFE is always a reliable source of information.

[ 10-10-2006, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: STA ]