Somebody is selling made in USA recoil tubes

Doge

On 11/7/2021 at 7:47 AM, SOCOMguy said:

Looks like FFT's quality work

Joe 

I’m new here and trying to figure out which vendors are best for aftermarket. Is the above really an attestation to quality or more sarcastic? I’m sorry, I’m new, and legitimately can’t tell. 

My opinion is take your money elsewhere. FFT doesn't do returns and is often the most expensive option compared to other places. If you run into problems with his custom parts its very difficult to get things resolved. There's like a bajillion disclaimers on every page stating with very anti-consumer messaging.

image.png.234dbb4c1ba3e8557b75911cfe4fa63c.png

Just some examples of the super scalping there:

image.png.09392a02f993961d60dee1c4969c4c92.png

image.png.8e05fb3bcd98d6d3fbb52d4e54d89fd1.png

image.png.8f42b2da0590f4c71ac32c36ef7122da.png

image.png.5ebfc86a25bd5d0abc7fe32ed97cd07b.png

image.png.d103bc7b38945727ee4f1b28c9a5391c.png

image.png.3bcdfd32eedefacf5e9d17a422af7aa6.png

• Upvote 8

I reached out to the company making these tubes (not Todd) and he’s looking at adding additional positions but he says there just isn’t much space. He can add one position after the collapse position but it’s still very short. I’d think that would be useful when wearing thick clothing or gear. He’s looking at how to add a 5th position. 

36 minutes ago, Regal Metal Works said:

Hey guys, I'm Nate from Regal Metal Works. We are the ones producing the USA made tubes and then selling them on Ebay. We should have some 5 position tubes available for purchase this coming Friday

Any chance of a video or pictures of the positions?

3 hours ago, Regal Metal Works said:

Hey guys, I'm Nate from Regal Metal Works. We are the ones producing the USA made tubes and then selling them on Ebay. We should have some 5 position tubes available for purchase this coming Friday

Happen to sell direct so you don't pay the ebay tax?

22 hours ago, Regal Metal Works said:

Can these 5 position tubes work with the 11701 collapsible stock ? 

Agreed with Doge. Notches farther down the tube offer little value for the end user. Few would use the positions since it changes your cheek weld significantly for the sights. Kind of like how the fully collapsed position is pretty much only usable for storage. If you placed your additional notches closer to the end, say .75" apart, it would give the end user more fine adjustment for getting a proper length of pull for their body types, or adapt for vests/armor.

Glad to see you making these tubes for the market! I've installed hundreds of the OEM ones over the past decade. Looking forward to seeing how yours stack up to them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

27 minutes ago, kilyung said:

I installed the 3-pos tube and I think it’s better milled than OE. You do have to clean out the tube but that’s simple enough. 

65D767E0-2B7F-4164-B812-9BD35823042F.jpeg

24F7555E-841D-4544-A914-6DD29161C02D.jpeg

Not to thread hijack, but is that a BROS on an SRO, on a scalarworks? Thinking of doing the same, wanted to get a little feedback.