1st post - Advice request

4eyedandshakey

Hello fellow Benelli fans/owners. 

I am new to firearms and just purchased a Benelli m4.  It will be  for home defense.  Hopefully, I'll never have to use it.   I purchased my m4 at a local gun shop.  It was the only one they had and came with the non pistol grip stock.  

I know the 922r requirements, but I'm still wanting a collapsible stock.  I'll replace what I need to with US parts to stay compliant.  What I won't do is pay the prices that people are charging for these stocks.  $875.00 and up for a $425.00 part is gouging in my opinion.  

I've found a source for Sulan Arms TAC 12 collapsible stocks.  I've written Sulan Arms and they say the stock will fit in the Benelli m4 without modification.  

So I bought it and it's on the way.

Do you think Sulan Arms is just trying to make a sale or there is a possibility of it working? 

Thank you for your help!

ps: if it won't work, is anyone in the market for a Sulan Arms TAC 12 collapsible stock?

• Upvote 1

Yes they're trying to make a buck and yes, there's a distinct possibility it will fit as they've stated. If it were me I'd just keep the standard stock as long as the LOP was correct for me. IMO the only real advantage to the pistol grip is shooting across your chest not shouldered, very limited use. There is a tacticool factor to a pistol grip but it also increases the height of the gun considerabily; your M4 as is will fit in a scabbard easily. Just my 2 cents, YMMV.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, StreetSweeper56 said:

Yes they're trying to make a buck and yes, there's a distinct possibility it will fit as they've stated. If it were me I'd just keep the standard stock as long as the LOP was correct for me. IMO the only real advantage to the pistol grip is shooting across your chest not shouldered, very limited use. There is a tacticool factor to a pistol grip but it also increases the height of the gun considerabily; your M4 as is will fit in a scabbard easily. Just my 2 cents, YMMV.

Thank you for your comments.  I will indeed keep the factory Benelli stock as well as any other parts I end up replacing to meet 922r compliance.

I bought a Mesa Tactical Urbino with cheek weld and limb saver and it reduces the LOP considerably, but I just like the look of the collapsible stock.  If it does fit,  I may not like the way it feels.  If so, I won't be out much $.  I'll just put the Urbino stock back on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rubicon20032003 said:

The Turkish stocks arent bad.But there cheaply made.I have one on a clone.I won’t put on a real m4..Roll pin falls out of there lever.Have to replace with a oversized roll pin .There a $100 stock 

Thanks for the info!   I would like the genuine Benelli collapsible stock but people are charging double or more over regular price.  I don't want one that bad.  I guess I'll find out how cheap it is when it gets here.  Like you said, I may not even put it on.

22 minutes ago, MrMilitaryPolice said:

member here has everything you need

Thanks for the link MMP.  My nephew is an MP at the American Embassy in the Philippines.   The person selling the stock is wanting $835.00.  That's about double the regular price.  I can't justify that just in principle. 

But I do appreciate you trying to help me and I appreciate your service!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kilyung said:

If it works I’m assuming the recoil tube is compatible… following with interest. 

This is the reply I got from the Sulun Arms distributor.  I was asking specifically about the TAC 12 recoil tube retaining semi automatic function on the Benelli m4.

No you should have no loss of semi auto function, we all have them on our shotguns and all are semi auto. If you watch videos from Australia you will see shotguns being used in a straight pull style as semi autos are illegal there. I know that there is a tac 12 aussie straight pull version, that may be what you are seeing. We sell these stocks to Benelli m4 and m4 clones all over the world and have had no problems with retaining semi auto function.

Let me know if I can help further.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxluH9cw4IY  This is one of our staff with his tac 12 ripping it up.

Regards Simon

On 11/10/2021 at 12:33 AM, Doge said:

If you are gonna get a that plastic Turkish stock might as well get the Benelli plastic stock version. If you shop around you can get the 5-position set up for minimum 450$. These are my two M1014s with both style stocks.

image.png.9776b1d2365339ca47aa93f690256443.png

I'd love to have either of those, and gladly pay $450 even $550.  I just can't find one at that price.  The straight stock my m4 came with is plastic/polymer so it's only the recoil tube that will be cheaper as I assume it's plastic too.  All the TAC-12 parts are interchangeable with the Benelli m4.  The stock looks almost exactly like the oem Benelli.

Sulun-TAC12-Telescopic-Stock.jpg.a6587163902719b6762cd7c2c8ee17b2.jpg