Man I got a hard head!

DeadlyBenelli

Hey guys, well I know that I have made a few post stating the problems that I was having with my SBE. Even though it had been recomended that I try different brand shells I seriously thought that there was no way that a simple thing like that would do much good. I mean, I change brands of rifle ammo and have never had any problems?

Anyway to make a long story short, I have switched from Kent to Federal. About 5.00 more a box but guess what? I have absolutley no problems now. My head is hard!! :rolleyes: Maybe my wife has a point? ;) Even today in a constant drizzle and heavier from time to time and laying in a coffin I had a wonderful day.

3 drake GWT, 1 drake Pintal and a drake mallard. and a sweet shooting gun.

You know, I did an excellent polish job on the frictions areas of my gun. Before I polished the parts the bolt would just about have to be all the way back to get the full force for it to slam down and rotate into battery. Since I polished everything and am using CLP I can pull the bolt back about 1 inch and let it go. The bolt head still rotates. So, I think the ammo change (I din't know Tom used Federal) polish job and the CLP has all made the difference.

This is my first autoloader. So I'm unfamiliar with their "uniqueness." I'm just happy that is working like I expected.

Thanks for all the advice I got from this forum even though it took me a while to try it all. It's that hard head of mine.

Congratulations! What other friction areas did you polish? After hand polishing w/ steel wool, my bolt head will now rotate consistently with about 1.5" of free travel. I am looking forward to testing it. I'll bet trap/clays loads will fire and cycle consistently. You have nothing for which to apologize. We appreciate your information.

I did some polishing on the bottom side of the bolt assembly. If you look at the underside you can see were it is sliding. I polished that area plus I polished the slide and the slide rails on the reciever. I also polished the end of the barrel (I think it's the barrel) were the extractor claw hits and then turns.

As far as lube, I don't believe in excessive lube. What I do is pray a little CLP on the end of a q-tip and then I will hit all the friction points with it. Just enough to make it glisten, no more.

Originally posted by HOGWILD:

No wonder it would not shoot! still surprised it shoots but Tom never has problem with federals so ya should be GTG!! Imported shotgun is the issue i think ? you would think you could and you probably should be able to pop anything ya want in and it cycle correctly but who knows? i firmly believe that people try to manually release bolt and it will not work like that ya gotta hit the bolt release so the thing rotates completely into place so it's ready to fire which is hard to do when ya manually release it!! some call it operator error but i have been savy to this issue before benelli's and its just the way the semi-auto operates! Tom Knapp World Record

Originally posted by HOGWILD:

No wonder it would not shoot! still surprised it shoots but Tom never has problem with federals so ya should be GTG!! Imported shotgun is the issue i think ? you would think you could and you probably should be able to pop anything ya want in and it cycle correctly but who knows? i firmly believe that people try to manually release bolt and it will not work like that ya gotta hit the bolt release so the thing rotates completely into place so it's ready to fire which is hard to do when ya manually release it!! some call it operator error but i have been savy to this issue before benelli's and its just the way the semi-auto operates! Tom Knapp World Record

This world record thing seems to be going back and forth alot lately. I beleive that Patrick Flanigan is in the lead again with 11 hand thrown clays when shooting form the shoulder and 9 when shooting form the hip. The question is ...Who is going to hit twelve? PRetty soon these guys are going to hit the limit of human capability.