problems with magazine tube disassembly on m2

shotgun samuri

need help. I can't find anything about how to take down the magazine tube. The instruction manual only shows the exploded view of the tube and nothing about how to disassemble the magazine tube, removal of retaining spring seal,etc. The top of the tube has a smooth round metal peice with 2 small holes. I don't know how to remove it without possibly damaging it to get to the underlying magazine plug and spring in order to clean the magazine tube and parts. Is there a special tool or something to release this? All input is appreciated. :confused:

shotgun samuri,

I purchased Retaining Ring Pliers at Sears to remove the magazine spring seal ring.

It has two small holes in the seal ring that the retaining ring pliers can be used to squeeze the ring so you can remove it from the magazine.

Be sure to wear eye protection while you perform this operation. There is a lot of spring tension behind the seal ring and if you are not very careful, you will have the seal ring, spring and the shot limiter plug flying in all directions.

I once attempted to remove my magazine spring seal ring without eye protection (I had done this before) and was using the same procedure when the seal ring slipped past my thumb.

I was fortunate that all the flying parts missing my face. Needless to say, I wear eye protection while removing or installing the magazine spring seal ring.

Regards threeshot

I just wiggle it out with a flat head screwdriver.

Insert the screwdiver in the opening between the two holes, lift one side up a bit, then the other side, and so on. I have done this for 14 years on my SBE with no lost tension. I smack it back in with the screwdriver handle!

I cover the whole process with a towel while working because the spring does come flying out!

I replace all Benelli mag springs and followers with the SureCycle mag kit immediatley upon purchase of the gun.

mudhen - CA