Hitting the middle

E Roberts

posted 10-05-2005 10:57 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey All: Brand new to this sight, glad to see this forum. Last fall, I purchased a new SBEII with a 26" barrel.

I decided prior to our Goose opener (last week) up here in Ontario that I best pattern it.

I tested Kent Faststeel 3 1/2" 1 3/8oz #1 and BB. It threw hi and to the left almost a foot. Two test loads averaged 67% of the pellets were in the 30" circle at 32yrds.

I also tested Challengers Super Magnum 3" 1 3/8oz BB. and it hit dead on.

All testing was done with mod choke (crio choke)

I'd like to stay with the hard thumping 3 1/2" for the honkers, but I'm not impressed with the way they spit from the eagle II. Maybe I need to hang a heavy weight off the muzzle end to help hold thumper down?

Tonight, I changed the shims from the "B" to a "C", to bring that muzzle down.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me please. Different choke? Different loads? Pro-porting.

Thank You

Ernie

Well I think its obvious you can hit center. I also think youre anticipating the recoil of the 3.5's which is causing you to flinch. You might also try going to Imp cyl on the choke with the 3.5's or get a light mod extended choke. Hey, I know that Kent 3.5 steel thumps. Just take it out and bring em down, its a shotgun not a rifle.