SBE II Limbsaver Pad

gowest

I just got an email from them and this is what they said:

We will have available the #10402 for the Benelli Nova and the SBE II. Our recoil pads will replace the current pop-in pad that is now on the gun. Our LimbSaver pads are an inch thick and the suggested retail is $41.95 but can be purchased at a better price through our dealers.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...the SBEII pad came in the mail today....installation is not obvious...comes with two large (~#10, 1") self-tapping screws, a plastic adapter plate and no instructions...best I can tell, the pad only plays with the conventional SBE II stock, not the steady grip...i.e., looks like you're supposed to run the screws through very undersized clearance holes in the pad / base to tap into the adapter stacked on the original synthetic stock pad mount...expect to confirm tomorow AM, but at this point, looks like the Limbsaver pre-fit is not compatible with steady grip stock...Anybody have any exp with this?

The profile of the butt plate vary different. I'm working on a stock extension for my steady grip and my confortech shock.

Being 6 foot 10 inches, I need at least a stock length of 15-1/2 inches.

I have my own CNC job shop, so I have a great CAD-CAM system and all the equipment to do the job.

I'm sure they will...never been burned buying on the wires...

...really too bad...nice pad...guessing it only works with the non-comfortech stock...hope they come up with a plug-in version for the steady grip...

don't know what you have, but recall you might be looking for one...lemme know..happy to ship it your way as send it back to SVL....believe my cost was around ~$45 but they gave me someone else's invoice, so I'll need to confirm on Monday....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by MattL:

Well...the SBEII pad came in the mail today....installation is not obvious...comes with two large (~#10, 1") self-tapping screws, a plastic adapter plate and no instructions...best I can tell, the pad only plays with the conventional SBE II stock, not the steady grip...i.e., looks like you're supposed to run the screws through very undersized clearance holes in the pad / base to tap into the adapter stacked on the original synthetic stock pad mount...expect to confirm tomorow AM, but at this point, looks like the Limbsaver pre-fit is not compatible with steady grip stock...Anybody have any exp with this?

I just recieved the same thing in the mail today(minus the screws, which I can come up with).Looks like if I screwed the hard plastic adapter plate to the pad I may be able to get it to slip in the stock, I'm guessing it's gonna' take some force. I got it off E-Bay and I'm wondering if it is in fact the #10402. Can anyone tell from what I described if it sounds like the #10402 SBEII/Nova?? :confused:

I guess I should include that I'm trying to install on a Nova.

Thanks.

[ 04-03-2006, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Husker13 ]

Yes, you got the right pad. Mine was minus the screws too.

Fits the SBE II Comfortech stock just fine. M2 as well.

Crappy idea though and I doubt the adapter will last long.

Here is what you do.

Put the adapter in first. Angled edges facing in.

Run screws though the holes in the pad.

Try to line up one screw into one of the holes on the adapter. Tighten up a bit until you can get the second screw started in the second hole in the adapter.

Tighten both accordingly until the pad is snug. Don't over tighten or you may break the adapter.

I will use this one and then demand a new one when (if) Sims makes a slip in style.

Using this adapter sort of defeats the purpose of the Gel Tek pad in that it is not easily removable for cleaning or water removal.

My advice for anyone is to stick with the factory Gel Pad or biatch at Sims until they make a better pad.

mudhen - CA

Thanks mudhen! Worked just as you said it would. I've been reading this forum for about two years now. I don't say much, just sit back and take in the knowledge. I knew I could get a good answer from you and/or Tucker (or all the other gun smart people around here).

Thanks again!