Whats the best m lok handguard for the benelli m4?

Anon4755

4 hours ago, Anon4755 said:

Please do!  How easy is it to field strip with the briley handguard? Thank you

It just about the same to field strip as the original handguard. Just remove the barrel and slide the handguard off. I did have to remove one of the washers inside the barrel guide ring (pictured) in order to get the barrel to go flush with the receiver though. 

31EEC038-38E3-4B25-BF1C-28FDC0E88F4B.jpeg

9B8C2D87-EFE7-4854-91C8-B92CDAFC74D8.jpeg

4 hours ago, Suplize said:

It just about the same to field strip as the original handguard. Just remove the barrel and slide the handguard off. I did have to remove one of the washers inside the barrel guide ring (pictured) in order to get the barrel to go flush with the receiver though. 

31EEC038-38E3-4B25-BF1C-28FDC0E88F4B.jpeg

9B8C2D87-EFE7-4854-91C8-B92CDAFC74D8.jpeg

That actually looks beautiful. And i like the idea of the ease to field strip it still.  How does the handguard feel to the hand compared to oem handguard?

1 hour ago, Anon4755 said:

That actually looks beautiful. And i like the idea of the ease to field strip it still.  How does the handguard feel to the hand compared to oem handguard?

It’s definitely “girthier” than the OEM lol

The mlok slots help with the grip. I like it 

What is the benefit with these type of handguards? Is it just for better positioning of a light?  I use the IWC light / sling mount on my M4’s and like that setup. I can’t think of what additional accessories anyone would put on a shotgun handguard other than a light / sling. Or maybe it’s just for looks? All of the above? ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SnidelyWhiplash said:

What is the benefit with these type of handguards? Is it just for better positioning of a light?  I use the IWC light / sling mount on my M4’s and like that setup. I can’t think of what additional accessories anyone would put on a shotgun handguard other than a light / sling. Or maybe it’s just for looks? All of the above? ?

It allows me to put my left hand further in the front. It helps the balance. However, I'd say it's more for the "cool factor". I am thinking to change back to the stock forend but add stippling to it. 

8 minutes ago, CAUS said:

It allows me to put my left hand further in the front. It helps the balance. However, I'd say it's more for the "cool factor". I am thinking to change back to the stock forend but add stippling to it. 

OK, I certainly understand (and agree with) the “cool factor”. Better ergonomics is just icing on the cake. ?

2 hours ago, SnidelyWhiplash said:

Depending on the fore end they also act as a heat shield, the Briley especially, wraps nearly all the way around the barrel. I have, on mine, a quick-release sling mount, a light and a pressure pad for it, but the heat shielding is what I originally got it for.

4 hours ago, SnidelyWhiplash said:

I agree. I use the same IWC mount which serves well for a light and sling mount. Personally I do not want a pressure pad and the wire to the light. The push button on the tail cap is fine. A simple QD sling attachment and light mount is what I want. For me the factory hand guards and the IWC mount are fine. I think the options available are more for looks unless you are mounting a bunch of different (unnecessary?) stuff.

Anything Unobtainium says, regarding the M4/M1014, you can take to the bank. I bought 2 of these, one for my M4 and the other for my 590A1 after reading this thread a few days ago . Shipped from Hong Kong. Got them today. Very fast, like 3 days to where I'm at visiting in California.

Quality is excellent, and you won't damage your thumb. 

BTW, I have a SUREFIRE SCOUT M300 ON THE 590A1 AND A SUREFIRE SCOUT M600 on the M4.

Edited by Evolution

I’m considering trying one of the 15” Truckee rails so I can get the light out flush with the muzzle. The goal is to avoid barrel shadowing. I want to set one of my M4’s up for running under my night vision monocular. helmet setup. So getting rid of barrel shadowing and how the light blows back off the barrel would be a positive.

Tape switches are definitely hit and miss. The Surefire ones are trash. The button press isn’t consistent and there can be dead spots on the pad. The Unity Tactical HotButtons are nice. The Taps series are okay, but are still lacking in tactile response. They have some high output light issues as well, or at least they did.

I wouldn’t mind being able to grip farther forward on the rail too.