Question about light loads, 1250 FPS.

bh27

Good morning, 

I'm new to the m4 and would like the opinions of those who know (you guys).  I've read different comments regarding light loads, some seem to work, some give the gun problems.  Found a pretty good deal on 250 rounds of 12 Gauge - 2-3/4" 9 Pellet 00 Buckshot - Fiocchi - 1250 fps. 

https://www.luckygunner.com/12-gauge-2-3-4-9-pellet-00-buckshot-fiocchi-250-rounds

My concern is the 1250 fps.  Anyone familiar with this ammo and can give it the green light?  I don't really want to buy 250 rounds if it's going to give me problems.  I know I should try a small amount first but I live in rural KS and my options are limited and expensive if I don't order online.  

Thanks!

Edited by bh27
  • Upvote 1

I can't specifically comment to that load, but on my M4, initially it wouldn't cycle anything light. I tried 1200 birdshot and it jammed every round. After 100-200 rounds of 00 buckshot, it'll cycle that perfectly now.

If your M4 is broken in with buckshot, I don't see that being an issue.

1 hour ago, Dargg7 said:

I can't specifically comment to that load, but on my M4, initially it wouldn't cycle anything light. I tried 1200 birdshot and it jammed every round. After 100-200 rounds of 00 buckshot, it'll cycle that perfectly now.

If your M4 is broken in with buckshot, I don't see that being an issue.

1 hour ago, StreetSweeper56 said:

99% certain those will run reliably but I have not run that EXACT brand.

Thanks for the replies guys.  Going to give it a try. 

1250 fps isn't even really reduced recoil. When brand new, my M1014 had no problems cycling Federal Reduced Recoil buckshot, which comes in at 1145fps, so I'd wager this ammo will cycle fine. Also had no issues running 1200fps 7.5 birdshot.

Edited by mkporwit
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bh27 said:

Good morning, 

I'm new to the m4 and would like the opinions of those who know (you guys).  I've read different comments regarding light loads, some seem to work, some give the gun problems.  Found a pretty good deal on 250 rounds of 12 Gauge - 2-3/4" 9 Pellet 00 Buckshot - Fiocchi - 1250 fps. 

https://www.luckygunner.com/12-gauge-2-3-4-9-pellet-00-buckshot-fiocchi-250-rounds

My concern is the 1250 fps.  Anyone familiar with this ammo and can give it the green light?  I don't really want to buy 250 rounds if it's going to give me problems.  I know I should try a small amount first but I live in rural KS and my options are limited and expensive if I don't order online.  

Thanks!

i have shot that exact brand when my m4 was brand new. worked fine. i think the trick (as mentioned on this forum) is that if u pull the shotgun tight into your shoulder the lighter recoil stuff should work just fine.