Shot gun length

ryemoon

I have been using a SHotgun that has a 28 inch barrel. I am looking at buying a Benelli but I am finding it extremely hard to find a SBE2 with walnut stock and 28 inch barrel. Secondly, what is the opinion of getting a SBE2 without the comfortech. Does anybody valdi opinion???

Ditto on the Sims pad. That or an Xcoil. My brother shoots a wood Benelli with just the factory pad. Doesn't bother him a bit.

Don't know what your currrent gun is but keep in mind that an auto with a 26" barrel will have about the same overall length as a pump with a 28" or a double with a 30".

I think you need to try some of the bigger dealers in your area on that gun - it should be available - and the 28" barrel is really the preferred barrel for most field shooting - and more suitable for trap, skeet etc. I like the comfort tech system - but if you want the wood stock - it shouldn't be that much more recoil - and there are lots of ways to decrease it if you have to.

Originally posted by IdahoDucker:

Ditto on the Sims pad. That or an Xcoil. My brother shoots a wood Benelli with just the factory pad. Doesn't bother him a bit.

Don't know what your currrent gun is but keep in mind that an auto with a 26" barrel will have about the same overall length as a pump with a 28" or a double with a 30".

I shoot 28", NON-Comfortech SBE-II in walnut. I have no problems with recoil with the factory pad. I think it all in what you're used to. I also believe that the current hype of synthetics and camo give the dealer a slight idea that he may not be able to get rid of wood stocked SBE-IIs if he stocks them....hence the problems in locating one. My wife ordered mine as a gift in early 2004 and received it within about two weeks. Good luck in locating one....I believe you will be happy with it.

Originally posted by ryemoon:

I have been using a SHotgun that has a 28 inch barrel. I am looking at buying a Benelli but I am finding it extremely hard to find a SBE2 with walnut stock and 28 inch barrel. Secondly, what is the opinion of getting a SBE2 without the comfortech. Does anybody valdi opinion???

If you don't need to use 3.5 inch shells another alternative would be the M2 in Walnut. Nice gun, I've had mine for a couple of years now and it is a great shooting gun. I have the factory recoil pad on it as well and have gone through several flats of shells ith no problems.

Mike :D