Horrible Workmanship on Benelli M4

kingkirk27

Paid Over 2k for a Benelli M4 H2O. Get home assemble the shotgun, I have owned multiple. Then you examine product and it looks like it came back from battle. Was going to make another Super 90 1014. Amazing how their workmanship is with Vets and LE buying their products.

87E4FCC8-D3C2-4080-AB26-CBA25846E8BE.jpeg

92AD69C5-9B45-4495-B891-2AB138377E14.jpeg

3EAEFC31-4078-42F1-88C9-451E1F2FD7A2.jpeg

9545A4B8-000C-47B7-8CAD-47936C096A4A.jpeg

3ACBB3A9-CB79-44F4-84DC-DB212CE84507.jpeg

3B7455DE-AB8E-4DDA-9B53-F2D5A7703F37.jpeg

Yup. Guns arrive stripped and you have to assemble it yourself. You probably got a demo model that was put together quickly.

Wouldn’t bother me at all however. That mag tube is literally the most useless thing on the gun and 99% of people toss it. The barrel marks I understand is frustrating too, but after a few range trips it gonna get marked up.

Thank you for introducing a very important topic - your dealer.  The photos you introduced are from dealer assembly and dealer handling.  This is yet another great example of the dealer you choose.  Great dealer support would take care of the customer, such as returns, marking down blemished guns and returning guns to manufacturers when needed.

The dealer noted hear removes most if not all of the guns from retail racking daily, thus increased handling.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Unobtanium said:

Guns are assembled and test fired by Benelli.

This is what is known as proofing, the gun is then cleaned disassembled, guns such as the M4 have the barrel removed, handguards and bolt removed from the gun and then packed in a retail box in the case of a M4, for shipping.  The retailer then assembles guns which are placed on the retail sales racking for customer viewing and handling, you will note this from the photo provided above.

Most of not all of the wear happened after the above said steps of assembly by the retailer.  

2 hours ago, remarkable said:

This is what is known as proofing, the gun is then cleaned disassembled, guns such as the M4 have the barrel removed, handguards and bolt removed from the gun and then packed in a retail box in the case of a M4, for shipping.  The retailer then assembles guns which are placed on the retail sales racking for customer viewing and handling, you will note this from the photo provided above.

Most of not all of the wear happened after the above said steps of assembly by the retailer.  

I have assembly wear from Benelli. My shotgun was never done as such. It is what it is. Not saying the damage shown in the OP is the same, just saying.

2 hours ago, bambihunter said:

I'd ask for a refund or exchange. I have 30 year old guns that get used at the range and around the house that don't have that many nicks and marks on them. My hunting guns do get dinged up like that, but even then it takes many years.

Unfortunately the OP already imho, lost his only chance to ask for a $$ reduction, or a replacement. 

The forms have already been filled out and presumed inspected at the point of purchase. Once you leave the premises and accept the firearm, its yours. Caveat Emptor applies.

• Upvote 2

look I want my investments to look pristine as well, but as I have learned through my many LMT purchases, there are often blems which I found unacceptable for a new product of top tier caliber quality and price.. would you accept your new luxury car, watch or house like that?? no..

but there is a difference between war guns and showcase revolvers and levers or shotguns etc.

take them out and shoot em ?‍♂️ 

I have refused firearms when purchasing from a LGS and requested to see another just because of blemishes. Of course this was done while at the store before completing any paper work. When ordering online and completing the transfer at my LGS I have always been lucky with the firearm being in the condition expected.

Beauty marks are okay, but I would rather create them myself. 

• Upvote 1