Shotgun case/bag option from Lynx Defense

Dkay67

8 hours ago, CobraBG said:

Looks nice, but a bit expensive. I use the US Peacekeeper bags.

Where are these bags made?

I went to the website for US Peacekeepers and while they are much cheaper than what I posted, it doesn't appear in their About Us page that they manufacture in the US - otherwise they would have likely highlighted that as a selling point 

I suspect that these are outsourced to cheaper labor countries. I could be wrong as I dont have samples to check with, however several of the items I looked at said Imported.

To each his/her own on where they spend their money, but I'd rather choose to spend on US made whenever practical and possible along the same quality level.

?‍♂️

4 hours ago, kilyung said:

Not an owner and the description says “Made in the USA” but it’s described as “discreet”. Not sure I’d agree with that. However looks perfectly usable as a range bag. 

Its certainly more discrete than say a Pelican which screams firearms, or a branded bag that Benelli makes, or a camo inspired bag.

People who know, will always know. Its to not draw attention of the suburban soccer moms and libs.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dkay67 said:

Its certainly more discrete than say a Pelican which screams firearms, or a branded bag that Benelli makes, or a camo inspired bag.

People who know, will always know. Its to not draw attention of the suburban soccer moms and libs.

I like, "hidden in plain sight". I have a Shockwave case that I put embroidered patches on; they read, "Love, Peace & Clarinet". I think I'll get a clarinet pin or two for it as well. Do I play clarinet? No, but the implication is there. With a bit of creativity you could easily disguise this bag, I'm seriously considering getting one, thanks for posting it! 

• Upvote 1

I bought this one from Amazon. Holds 2 long guns and for approx $70. Can be used as a backpack. Works great so far.

Savior Equipment American Classic Tactical Double Long Rifle Pistol Gun Bag Firearm Transportation Case w/Backpack - Lockable Compartment, Available Length in 36" 42" 46" 51" 55" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077JMMT3F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_KR7W1QKW1512PHC85AKS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 hours ago, StreetSweeper56 said:

I ordered one of these, got it today and it's very nice. It doesn't really look like a gun case which is what I wanted, very non-descript. I am going to put a couple LaCrosse patches on it as it's my new "racquet case", lol; hidden in plain sight! Made in the U.S.A. is a bonus as well.

Could you take some pics of this case in some closeups?

What kind of zippers does it use? YKK?

Are there storage pockets or velcro for attaching additional shell cards (esstac)?

Thanks 

On 3/26/2022 at 5:22 PM, Dkay67 said:

Could you take some pics of this case in some closeups?

What kind of zippers does it use? YKK?

Are there storage pockets or velcro for attaching additional shell cards (esstac)?

Thanks 

The zippers say "Ideal" but they seem to work just fine, need a bit of breaking in but that's normal. There are 2 zippered storage pockets in the lid. The bottom is a sort of quilted material which accepts velcro hooks so the 3 removeable straps can be placed at any angle, you could also attach shotshell cards on it. It really is about as stealth as can be for a long, flat carrier; it doesn't have tactical pockets on the outside. Again, I am putting a couple "Lacrosse" patches on the outside which is quite plausible for this carrier, people will assume that's what's inside. 

20220330_161248.jpg

20220330_161242.jpg

20220330_161153.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KiloEcho6 said:

Anyone have pictures of a smaller case for SBS? The M4 Entry, collapsed is 30.5”.  

Perhaps go to Lynx Defense and see whats available in that size? They do have different gun bags available with pictures and measurements 

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2022 at 4:32 PM, StreetSweeper56 said:

The zippers say "Ideal" but they seem to work just fine, need a bit of breaking in but that's normal. There are 2 zippered storage pockets in the lid. The bottom is a sort of quilted material which accepts velcro hooks so the 3 removeable straps can be placed at any angle, you could also attach shotshell cards on it. It really is about as stealth as can be for a long, flat carrier; it doesn't have tactical pockets on the outside. Again, I am putting a couple "Lacrosse" patches on the outside which is quite plausible for this carrier, people will assume that's what's inside. 

20220330_161248.jpg

20220330_161242.jpg

20220330_161153.jpg

How is the padding/protection? Is it worth the $275?

1 hour ago, Jonnylaw said:

How is the padding/protection? Is it worth the $275?

It is well padded all around, I don't have it with me now but I'd say 1/2 - 3/4 inch of padding. Worth is a relative thing, to me it is. I like the coffin style lid and that it does not look "tactical" with a bunch of external pockets and backpack carry straps; I can disguise it easily and for my purpose that is very desirable, plus, it's American made. To me, yes it's worth it but YMMV.

• 3 months later...

I bought a lawn chair bag for carrying my M4. While traveling the bag doesn’t garner a second look in the backseat of the truck.  At the end of the travel day, I grab the bag and walk back to the camper. Looks just like an RVer carrying their lawn chair!  The zipper and the bag is plenty heavy duty and above all else does not scream ‘gun’. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3