Supernova

duckhunt

I recently looked at a nova at cabelas and noticed that the fore-end rattled quite a bit and i wanted to know if the supernova was the same way. i would also like to know if the comfortech system makes a whole lot of difference. I own a beretta xtrema and i want to buy a good pump action back up gun. I would appreciate any information

Landon,

I've got a Supernova. The forend does rattle a little, but not nearly as much as the Nova. And yes, the comfortech does work.

This is my first pump gun...been shooting O/U's and auto's for years. Since I bought a M-2 and was so impressed with the comfortech stock, I thought I would try the Supernova where I could adjust the stock to the exact dimensions of my M-2. The Nova stock doesn't adjust.

I've practiced by shooting blackbirds at the dairy farm to the tune of about 200 shots....shot sporting clays yesterday. The trigger is a little hard which made me flinch/jerk about 5 times out of 150 shots (two 5-stands and one sporting round). I couldn't shoot it as good as the M-2, but that's expected with the pumping etc.

The safety is in front of the trigger, just like your Beretta, so you would like that. And you would be able to adjust the stock so it fits. The gun comes apart so easy with no tools at all....nothing. I like it.

thanks i appreciate your information. i just went and bought a supernova in max 4 camo and its a good gun. i know what you mean about the trigger. my dad thinks its a piece of crap but i like it. my berettas trigger is simular so i guess ill just have to get use to pulling the trigger more.

You can clean up a LOT of the rattle in the forearm by adjusting the allen-head screws on it. Tighten them in evenly until the pump moves a little stiff. Then, back them out .25 to .5 turn (depending on how you want it to feel) and you are good to go.