Benelli M4 Weapon Manipulations.

Unobtanium

This is more a documentary of my personal evolution. I am not an instructor, "expert", or Holiday Inn frequenter, and would be happy to hear how I can improve. That said, a big reason for my fumble on the live drill is I loaded the shot card mixed, when I typically leave it all slug. It tripped me up. Normally, its all buck in the gun, and all slug for select slug on the card.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 8

I like what I’m seeing. I spent 3 hours in a defensive training class a couple weeks ago. And while I thought we we were gonna shoot like crazy (and we did), half of our time was spent on manipulation and reloading. Our trainers motto was “if you ain't shooting, you’re reloading”.

And I didn’t understand at first. But he explained that most go to the range and load up their gun, and continue to unload til empty. Put the gun down and wash, rinse, repeat. Guilty as charged!

He would have us hit a couple targets and the call out a reload mid shot, and we would have to top the gun off while keeping a timer on for the reload and back on target. The first few times were really bad, I mean like really bad. I was ejecting unspent shells from the chamber, dropping shells onto the ground. A comedy of errors. But we were just not training that way. We learned a valuable lesson that day, and a lot of what he was teaching I’m seeing right here in this video. 

Awesome video, and for those that aren’t practicing this way, you should incorporate this into your range session. We now practice manipulation and reloading into each and every range session. Valuable info here!

Thanks, Garza

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, TheDude said:

Thanks for the post!

Need to almost drill this in your head every time - when you're not shooting you're reloading . .  

I’ve heard countless times “if 7-9 shots of 12 ga can’t get me out of a situation, I’m screwed anyways”. But what if the magic number to get you out of the situation is 10, or 11… if done quickly.  And if you have NOT practiced manipulating at all, it could be a costly mistake.

Bottom line, I spent a few hundred dollars to learn what Unobtanium is giving out for free. Soak it up guys!

Thanks, Garza

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, jlgarza said:

I’ve heard countless times “if 7-9 shots of 12 ga can’t get me out of a situation, I’m screwed anyways”. But what if the magic number to get you out of the situation is 10, or 11… if done quickly.  And if you have NOT practiced manipulating at all, it could be a costly mistake.

Bottom line, I spent a few hundred dollars to learn what Unobtanium is giving out for free. Soak it up guys!

Thanks, Garza

Thank-you! My goal was to provide a sub-10 minute video covering manipulation of the Benelli M4 platform. Shooting, moving, using cover, recoil mitigation, all of these are topics that will be covered later.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Awesome..well explained & easy to understand..practical & tactical..nice work & appreciate your efforts!  Another example that validates why this particular forum is absolutely the best firearm information forum anywhere..period! If this was posted  on Reddit & other forums, someone or multiple “Karen’s” would chime in and ignorantly criticize the method/something displayed, stated, or suggest a better/faster alternative. Again thanks for taking the time to share!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BamBam said:

Awesome..well explained & easy to understand..practical & tactical..nice work & appreciate your efforts!  Another example that validates why this particular forum is absolutely the best firearm information forum anywhere..period! If this was posted  on Reddit & other forums, someone or multiple “Karen’s” would chime in and ignorantly criticize the method/something displayed, stated, or suggest a better/faster alternative. Again thanks for taking the time to share!!

I have plenty left to learn! Just sharing as I go.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now, under NODS. (Sorry, the sionyx wanted more light. I just got it and am learning. Really, it's a Father's Day gift for my Dad, but I charged all batteries and so forth and got it all set up for him so it's unwrap and play, was just testing it).

6 rounds on 3 targets, followed by a reload from shot card/side saddle and 3 rounds on 3 targets. (First 6 shots LE133, next 3 shots LE127RS)

Edited by Unobtanium
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sukhoi_fan said:

I got a Sionyx and ditched it because of the latency issue, plus it mounts poorly on a helmet (tilted). Sure, the color is cool and the twilight setting is definitely a plus but no equivalent to a PVS-14.

The Sionyx is my Dad's Father's Day gift. I bought it for him so that he can go on walks and look at "what was that noise" and record things and share it with his wife when they go walking or whatever. It's not meant for anything but fun and building quality time for him. I took it out, charged all of the batteries, and configured the camera settings for him so that when he unwraps it, it's 100% ready to roll. This was just a test video I did.

Here is my setup:
No description available.

L3 filmless tubes that I spec'ed.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

The gym is paying off too. Looking good!

Thankyou! Im honestly getting over being sick (resp. non covid), and am pretty soft. I have been slacking and need to drop about 30#, but I do maintain muscle mass and strength, as well as try to hit the BJJ mats 2x a week.

• Upvote 1