New guy… Hello

Brandon101884

Hello everyone. I’ve been in the market to buy an M4 for almost 3 years now with no luck. I’m looking for the regular M4, not the limited Edition. I’m a big fan of that adjustable stock and can’t see myself settling on the fixed. BUT, I may have to. It seems like these are the only models around anymore. Are they still in production, or is it a supply/demand issue? 

What country/state do you live in? In the US I see M4s available online at Cabela's and Sportsman's Warehouse all the time. Both of those places will let you buy it online and they'll ship it to one of the stores local to you for free to pickup. Perhaps you don't live in a area with one of those (Cabela's is also Bass Pro), but that's just 2 chains that I see with M4s all the time. I'm sure that many other places will be similar. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Brandon101884 said:

I’m in Virginia. All local gun shops are out with no ETA, I’ve even gone on gunbroker with no luck. I’ll look into the Cabelas tip for sure.

Definitely check them out. When I posted my comment I looked really quick just out of curiosity and they had the M4 Tactical and the M4 H20 both in stock online. And actually both were in stock at my local Cabela's. Also when I was first deciding on what to buy, I noticed that their stock changed pretty frequently, pretty much daily. So if they are sold out, there is a really good chance if you check the next day (I would often check a bit after midnight) they'll have it back in stock. Of course the opposite is true as well, I waited too long and one I was deciding was sold out when I came back after a few hours.

2 hours ago, Brandon101884 said:

Very cool, thank you.

Before potentially buying an M4 from Cabela’s, I would strongly encourage you to comeback here to the Benelli forum and share/validate whatever the staff at Cabela’s tells you regarding the M4 models, either on line or in store. I live in Virginia as well and the Cablela’s employees that work the firearms area I have witnessed numerous times misinform customers about M4’s and other firearms altogether. Since Covid and the ongoing hiring shortage/difficulty of finding employees across many industries, the problem has worsened. The Cablela’s where I live remains a joke amongst local informed shooters..I go there to browse ammo, etc. Last week I listened to a young employee at the Cabela’s firearm display tell a customer to stay away from /not recommend Benelli M2’s because..”Benelli really designs them to be used in competition as race shotguns, not for hunting or home defense”. Of course, the customer was inquiring how long it would take to order an M2 and the young employee was trying to sell the customer on something that was in stock.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Brandon101884 said:

Can someone take a look at this? Is this something the shop modified themself? Or does the gun come factory like this? I didn’t know the Limited Edition came with the adjustable stock. Also, is that barrel 1 piece, or the factory adaptor?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/940037139

It's the real deal. It's an LE model 11715. It comes from the factory like that, 7 round cap., adj. stock, I have one. The seller is very well known in the AK world and totally reliable. 

Edited by StreetSweeper56
  • Upvote 1