M4 OEM Aluminum Trigger Guard - Rough Spot

PhiQuanTu

Hi guys,

My M4 OEM aluminum trigger guard arrived today. I notice that it has a high spot/notch on the top of the front right ridge.  I thought it’s just an imperfection that can be sanded down. But then I googled it up and almost every website that carries the M4 OEM aluminum trigger guard shows a high spot like that (about 2mm-3mm). This makes me wonder if it’s alright to sand/file it down flat. I don’t see this rise spot on the polymer trigger guard. So my question is; will this cause a problem in the long run? Doesn’t the bolt ride on top of these ridges?  Please advise whether I should sand this down. Thanks

Edited by PhiQuanTu

I've seen this a lot with the OEM aluminum trigger housing. They're all mostly cosmetic. Mostly it's flashing and molding marks. There are also tons of pin hole voids present in the aluminum. Certain areas you can use a metal file to remove the high spots. You can then do a quick Alumablack finish on the aluminum to hide the work.

Thanks, SD. Sorry I can’t figure out how to upload photo to a photo earlier. Only when I clicked on to respond to SD that I see the “Add File” button now. I wonder if it was because I just registered my account at the time….

I ended up having to file it down to make the top surface smoother.  The crazy thing is I bought a black aluminum one from midwestguns and another NP3 one from FFT and they both have the same issue! I thought FFT would at least file it down before they NP3 coat it and triple up the cost.

A4E6B12D-E2EC-4670-A687-620C1F540848.jpeg

Edited by PhiQuanTu