Barrel and breach stamped alignment marks?

slobbergoat

While cleaning my m4, I noticed that there seems to be a pair of stamped 'alignment marks' or something of that nature where the barrel is mated to the breach piece - they're not entirely aligned being off by about half a millimeter. Can post a photo if that's any help.

Looking online, most removed barrel assemblies don't seem to have these marks at all.

Is this anything to concern myself about? I spent a while staring at them but can't seem to see any noticeable misalignment with the front sight or so on that'd suggest that the barrel has been pressed on crooked.

FtMyzjJ.png

You can see the tab here. Checked the gas  pistons, their clearances seem to be equal, certainly not off as much as the marks are.

Is this maybe a drift mark to friction weld the two surfaces and not an alignment mark at all? It looks like they have been punched rather than cut into the surfaces.