Just got my M4, it’s not black!

Franklinexpress

39 minutes ago, Unobtanium said:

Sounds good in theory, but breeching rounds along with technique often keep the weapon from cycling. You can observe multiple failures to cycle in this video of USMC door breaching fam fire/training course:

Noone I know carried a Benelli M4 to breach doors. I do know one guy who did kill someone with a Benelli M4 in Afghanistan, though. He said it worked very well for that. Most people I know who had experience with them were quite pleased with them. They just weren't breaching doors with them.

*Look at those beautiful blue receivers at 1:46, too! Benelli has always had ano dye variance.

You can watch all the videos you want, I’m just answering from personal experience where you didn’t know if you’d live another day. Not based on YouTube. Of course anything is possible, just wasn’t my experience. And yes, breaching doors wasn’t the primary purpose, I’m just saying it was used for that as well. The gun was used a lot on dogs too.

Edited by Franklinexpress
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Unobtanium said:

The Benelli M4 is more versatile.

IMO, the exact opposite. It's the least versatile with the least options.

I think the trigger retaining clip is a perfect analogy for the gun. Benelli used the same little D spring clip on most of their guns for ages. The M4 has the hog nose ring. Not because the D spring didn't work just fine, but because they wanted to make it hard to take apart. So people who shouldn't be taking them apart, aren't. And it makes perfect sense. But that doesn't make it a better pin retainer.

Beefing up a gun so 19 year olds can't break it as easily, doesn't mean it's a better gun. :D

14 hours ago, Unobtanium said:

I don't plan to breach any doors when I get my M1014 back from being repaired and I finally get a chance to shoot it, but that video confirms just how soft shooting this gun is. Wow. I can't believe how little recoil there is with the Marine shooting the gun at nearly 90 degrees from his body with his arms nearly fully extended! That's impressive! If I tried that with my old 870 - without my shoulder/body weight firmly behind it - I'm pretty sure the gun would have gone flying. LOL  

Edited by ThisShouldDoTheJob

10 hours ago, cas said:

IMO, the exact opposite. It's the least versatile with the least options.

I think the trigger retaining clip is a perfect analogy for the gun. Benelli used the same little D spring clip on most of their guns for ages. The M4 has the hog nose ring. Not because the D spring didn't work just fine, but because they wanted to make it hard to take apart. So people who shouldn't be taking them apart, aren't. And it makes perfect sense. But that doesn't make it a better pin retainer.

Beefing up a gun so 19 year olds can't break it as easily, doesn't mean it's a better gun. :D

The Benelli m4 works with laser, eotech, wml, etc under nods. Try that with an m2. Its finicky. The m4? She just runs. During testing at Aberdeen, the gun proved to cycle full power ammo for over 20k rounds without any breakages or part replacements. That test Mossberg keeps crowing about with ther 590a1? Its a 3000 round test of same.  

The benelli m4 barrel is heavier. Why? To keep it from being dented on door frames, MRAP doors, whatever. Its an absolute tank of a shotgun. Battlefield Las Vegas says its one of their most durable pieces. They ran their m4 entry on the line constantly for 5 years before the first breakage (a piston...swap in and go. Easy.) The guns at BFLV are constantly in use, if you're familiar with the operation. 5 years is insane life span there.

20 hours ago, Franklinexpress said:

You can watch all the videos you want, I’m just answering from personal experience where you didn’t know if you’d live another day. Not based on YouTube. Of course anything is possible, just wasn’t my experience. And yes, breaching doors wasn’t the primary purpose, I’m just saying it was used for that as well. The gun was used a lot on dogs too.

I am quoting others who used them over there. Im not invalidating your experience, nor am I claiming I was there. I appreciate your input and take it under advisement.

The wildest experience I was told of was mounting pvs14s to the rail. About 50 units (items) were involved, with something like a 25% failure rate after zero/fam fire. 

Still working on it, wondering if I should get the Cloud Defensive REIN 2.0 Micro, worried about weight though. Already got the IWC mount and a Vickers 221 sling

If I get a red dot(likely not) I will have it canted  with an offset mount, still like ghost rings for anything over 40 yards.

032610F1-D35D-43BB-9AB4-0A2A9DEBCC2A.thumb.jpeg.f80237e3a17a4167fb45cf40932e6809.jpegB644AA5D-76CD-4FAE-B67D-6C45E89A8D02.thumb.jpeg.29f39fecedaf0c3d0b5573e054d07e0b.jpeg

Edited by Franklinexpress
More info about mount and sling

5 hours ago, Franklinexpress said:

Still working on it, wondering if I should get the Cloud Defensive REIN 2.0 Micro, worried about weight though. Already got the IWC mount and a Vickers 221 sling

If I get a red dot(likely not) I will have it canted  with an offset mount, still like ghost rings for anything over 40 yards.

032610F1-D35D-43BB-9AB4-0A2A9DEBCC2A.thumb.jpeg.f80237e3a17a4167fb45cf40932e6809.jpegB644AA5D-76CD-4FAE-B67D-6C45E89A8D02.thumb.jpeg.29f39fecedaf0c3d0b5573e054d07e0b.jpeg

The micro 2.0 isn't chonky at all. That said, the m600v is down right svelt, but white light output isnt even close . 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 11:38 AM, ThisShouldDoTheJob said:

I bought a M4/1014 for its vaunted ARGO system, and I'm starting to think that's the only feature I'm going to like about this gun - if/when I eventually get a chance to shoot one. In other words, it better be a real smooth shooter or this $2K+ gun will be out of my collection real fast. Here's a summary of some recent posts/experiences (only a few of them are mine) with Benelli that have me wondering if this is the right brand for me:

> Franklinexpress's blue balls situation in this topic. 😆

>  I had to return a supposedly brand new H2O that was clearly a used and abused gun. That BS took 4 weeks.

> The magazine cap retaining spring and pin just fell out of my brand new M1014 so now I'm without that gun for another 3 - 4 weeks while it's getting repaired.

> Both front sights on my supposedly brand new H2O, and my brand new M1014 came canted/off center from the factory. This is common/acceptable condition on a $2K+ gun???

> The magazine release button is a joke. Thanks to RX Arms for his quick fix.

> The gun is hard to load, and even more awkward to unload.

> The jenky two-piece plastic forend is a joke. I've been around all sorts of firearms for 50 years. If I find putting those two pieces back together to be a finicky PITA in the comfort of my own home - and I've watched many others on YouTube struggle with this finicky PITA feature too - how the hell does a young kid in the military under fire/duress do it? How did this finicky PITA feature even make it onto a combat weapon???

> And, of course, the heat shield. Yeah, I know, it's not really needed, and real men never drop a burning hot firearm under fire/duress and then have to pick it up and burn themselves, but I'm still surprised some sort of heat shield is not on a combat weapon. When I want to reload fast, the last thing I want to be thinking about is how I have to hold this gun just right so I don't burn myself. The forend on the M4-A1 got that right.

OK. Rant over. I'm just ticked off right now after several weeks of delays, and hopefully some eventual range time with my M1014 will set my world right.

Serenity now! 😆

WOW...i feel for you man i would be super frustrated. I got a M4 H20 and it is a little difficult to load fast. I recommend using the taran tactical lifter, It is extended and doesn t pinch ur thumb like the oem one. Also I like the Taran tactical safety and bolt release. It is easy to drill and tap the bolt release. I swapped the Taran bolt release for a stippled tango arms one. I had my forends stippled and it makes a HUGE difference. Man i really hope you get it sorted out. When it functions like it is meant, it is awesome. They are super expensive but i think they are worth it. 

20220814_104537.jpg

8 hours ago, Jaason0 said:

WOW...i feel for you man i would be super frustrated. I got a M4 H20 and it is a little difficult to load fast. I recommend using the taran tactical lifter, It is extended and doesn t pinch ur thumb like the oem one. Also I like the Taran tactical safety and bolt release. It is easy to drill and tap the bolt release. I swapped the Taran bolt release for a stippled tango arms one. I had my forends stippled and it makes a HUGE difference. Man i really hope you get it sorted out. When it functions like it is meant, it is awesome. They are super expensive but i think they are worth it. 

20220814_104537.jpg

Great minds think alike. Even though I don't have my barrel back from Benelli yet, I ordered the Taran Tactical lifter anyway. Yeah, a little bit of rough start, but I'm gonna make the best of it. Plus, I'm sick of doing any more government-related paperwork that will help to keep one more anti-gun Communist paper-pusher employed. My God is this country going downhill fast. 🙁 Anyway, I heard that the reason the OEM lifter has that cut-out on the end - where it can catch a thumb - is to allow for a cable lock to pass through it. No idea if that is true or not, but it seems  plausible. And if it is true, I'm willing to bet that one more anti-gun Communist paper-pusher came up with that idea.

6 hours ago, ThisShouldDoTheJob said:

Great minds think alike. Even though I don't have my barrel back from Benelli yet, I ordered the Taran Tactical lifter anyway. Yeah, a little bit of rough start, but I'm gonna make the best of it. Plus, I'm sick of doing any more government-related paperwork that will help to keep one more anti-gun Communist paper-pusher employed. My God is this country going downhill fast. 🙁 Anyway, I heard that the reason the OEM lifter has that cut-out on the end - where it can catch a thumb - is to allow for a cable lock to pass through it. No idea if that is true or not, but it seems  plausible. And if it is true, I'm willing to bet that one more anti-gun Communist paper-pusher came up with that idea.

The V cut allows a shell to lower/remain parallel to the chamber, and centers it off of the rim, as it flows forward when the bolt closes. This V cut is a better solution vs the ramp in a lifter which requires a precise bend and that said bend be maintained. The V cut is just a precise cut vs an artistic bend, basically.

Good insight as always! More importantly, it's good to know that V cut was for engineering purposes and not for governmental compliance purposes. With insane rules and regulations taking over the world, what I read concerning the cable lock seemed plausible - sad to say. What a world. 

Edited by ThisShouldDoTheJob

On 9/6/2022 at 2:48 PM, Jonnylaw said:

Hmmm. I guess Benelli is not consistent. My M4 11715 is definitely black. Sorry if you’re not happy with the blue! Still a great shotgun. Enjoy it! 

A8613C40-BE28-41F7-BD97-C1255200CC82.jpeg

DB992217-70BE-49C5-8B70-648F7D53823C.jpeg

when did u get yours? or rather, do u know the manufacture date? i got mine new in december 2020 and its blue. i would’ve preferred black but im not gonna lose sleep over it. 

34 minutes ago, xblax619 said:

when did u get yours? or rather, do u know the manufacture date? i got mine new in december 2020 and its blue. i would’ve preferred black but im not gonna lose sleep over it. 

I’m not sure how to check manufacturing date? Mine was purchased in 2022 and bought immediately after a vendor restock. 

As long as your performs as it should, enjoy it!