Any interest in US made replacement forend for M4?

kendal

Have a guy that is looking to make some but wants to know how much interest there may be. Cost about $10K for tooling.

Could be a direct replacement or have the area of the forend grip vertical slots replaced with rough textured surface. The LEO guys I have talked to are requesting this as it would make a better grip for bare or gloved hand. Would have “Made in US” and Mfg. info. Stamped into the inside of the forend

Anyway let me know what you all think.

I will probably end up with a FCAM if something like what you are talking about does not come along. The FCAM is great but a little "much" for me and I would like something along the lines you are talking about.

[ 06-12-2006, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: jmikesteen ]

3M non slip tape $3.95,,apply to the smooth wide areas on the tops where its smooth and wide ;) ,,holds on great and improves grip 100% with out reinventing the wheel and cash thats not comming ouyt of my pocket,instead going into other meaningful options,, I'll see if i can dig up some pics,,

Find a way to integrate a 2 cell sure-fire and a pressure switch and I'm all in! I've emailed Sure-fire and they currently have no plans to make a replacement forend weapon light (or anything else) for the M1014 / M4. Absent that, some type of rubberized (Hogue-ish) forend might be interesting, but I really need a weaponlight, and am not really interested in the FCAM.

---Mildot

Good input guys keep the ideas comming and I will pass it on. I will let him take a look at my forend light on my 94 and see what he thinks. I know one diffrence with it and the current forend on the m4 is 1 piece vs. 2 piece.

One question he asked is if the forend is interchangeabel with any other Benelli other than the m4.

smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

OK--sorry. I've edited my above post to better articulate my feelings on the item. I initially looked at it quite closely, as I am in dire need of a weaponlight for this rig, and it looks to be very well made. I've seen them mounted on 870's and they have a good reputation for durability. In truth, I still have not ruled them out, but for my purposes, I would rather have something slimmer, and mounted slightly farther back on the weapon (or underneath the mag tube)

---Mildot

P.S.--How does the brightness/range/beam pattern of the light compare to a 2 cell surefire weaponlight?