Benelli M2 Tactical help needed

Renegade

So I picked up a Benelli M2 Tactical from Bachman today. As I took the magazine tube apart to remove the shot blocker, the factory 2 shot kit went flying all over the garage. Not sure if I found all the parts. Are these all the parts for the 2 shot kit:

M2ExtMagKit.jpg

If so, what is the part on the lower left?

[ 06-13-2006, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Renegade ]

Wow, I just bought the exact same Benelli today and am now in the exact same boat!

The only additional part I have is the red polymer plug that goes between the spring and the shell.

Where is the part in the lower left of the photo supposed to be used?

[ 06-18-2006, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: hkryan ]

The piece in the lower left is actually the spring retainer which would go in the mag ext first with the lip facing outward. I think most people would use the other black retainer with the hole in the middle instead and not use the mag limiter but I would use both retainers anyway if not using the limiter as the lipped retainer is made of heavier steel . If you want to use the limiter then use that piece with the small hole in it by sliding it over the limiter rod to the C-clip with the open cupped end facing the spring and carefully compress the spring back into the mag tube with the assembly then holding the gun muzzle down you can screw the mag extention on being careful not to let the other retainer fall out of the mag ext. Its a little tricky but you can do it. Just be careful so you don't loose an eye. Hense hold the muzzle down. You may want to get an extra set of hands till you get used to it.

Full Bore

• 6 years later...

I have the same problem, but these images aren't working for me and I can't find this info on the net anywhere. Help, anyone?

So I picked up a Benelli M2 Tactical from Bachman today. As I took the magazine tube apart to remove the shot blocker, the factory 2 shot kit went flying all over the garage. Not sure if I found all the parts. Are these all the parts for the 2 shot kit:

M2ExtMagKit.jpg

If so, what is the part on the lower left?

[ 06-13-2006, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Renegade ]

I have the same problem, but these images aren't working for me and I can't find this info on the net anywhere. Help, anyone?

This seems to be a common issue...I did the same thing. My box from Benelli came with no owners manual either. So if anyone can post Pic's of all the parts for the M2 Tac I would appreciate it.

I cant see the images in the posts above either. You can download the M2 manual from the support section of the Benelli site. There is also a video that shows you how to remove the limiter without having everything fly out. The video is "M2 Video Manual Supplement".

Since this appears to happen a lot, they should drop a sheet in the box with a warning and instructions.

I cant see the images in the posts above either. You can download the M2 manual from the support section of the Benelli site. There is also a video that shows you how to remove the limiter without having everything fly out. The video is "M2 Video Manual Supplement".

Since this appears to happen a lot, they should drop a sheet in the box with a warning and instructions.

I was hoping the manual that should have been in my box would be more specific to the Tactical model. The online version doesn't even mention my model. And it has no exploded diagrams of the gun either.

I was hoping the manual that should have been in my box would be more specific to the Tactical model. The online version doesn't even mention my model. And it has no exploded diagrams of the gun either.

Ditto. The manual clearly doesn't depict the tactical. However, I guessed at the assembly, and then after parsing the images enough, I think that's how it goes together. Also, if you're having trouble with the spring shaking around, try placing the spring inside the red cap (don't know what it's called, but it's the cap that goes farthest inside, where the mags will touch it) before you insert it in the tube. Everything works now for me.

I'm accustomed to over-unders, so the tactical mecahnics are new to me.