Buildup in barrel

Brandon101884

It hasn't damaged any shotgun barrel I've ever used that in. Barrels are tough and they're smooth bore, it would jack up rifling though. It's the same method you use to polish the inside of the mag tube and they're not barrel steel. I've had buildup that, no matter what I did, would not come out and that got it out. The brush is bronze, much softer than steel. That little bit of buildup isn't going to affect the shot anyway though.

Edited by StreetSweeper56

I recently cleaned a police trade in barrel that looked like it had never been cleaned in it's life. I really thought that barrel was maybe toast when I first looked at it. I remembered reading that something was good for wad fouling... either WD40 or brake cleaner. lol I laugh now because I can't remember which... but knowing where I did the work, I don't think there's any WD40, but there is brake cleaner. (and that makes a lot more sense I think. lol) That and a regular bore brush made the barrel spotless.

• 2 weeks later...