Left handed shooter shooting a sbe2 for years with right handed comforteck stock configuration.

John R

As a left- handed shooter shooting a sbe2 for years with right-handed comforteck stock configuration.  This works for skeet but sometimes not so well for 40 yard ducks.

When patterned the gun shoots 3 in left and about 6" higher than60/40 at 22 yards. I changed the gun to left hand cast but have not corrected the drop as I only have a B drop shim.

Haven't a chance to pattern it yet. Does the left- hand cast sound OK, or over correction? Any info appreciated.

Casting the gun left handed would allow your left eye to gain center alignment... most gun fittings SBE 2's and 3's set up fairly flat in the C Drop Shim Plate as well as the C drop shim shim.  In your case your will be setting the gun up CSX Drop Shim Plate, C Drop Shim, SX Cast shim, you may need the D Drop Shim Plate and D Drop shim to obtain flat rib.

image.png.e9646b7196ff7576f80111a02745312a.png

image.png.f6d245f525a53b6ea9a27cea686fa1c3.png

• Like 1

Remarkable,    Thanks for your input on my cast and drop questions. Since I am strongly left eye dominant, I believe the left cast will be fine. Per your instructions pertaining to drop, I have ordered a stock drop assembly kit.  With the reversible drop plate i can get C SX - also the C drop shim is supplied.  Right now when I shoulder the gun normally, I'm seeing way to much rib (not flat)-so I think I'm on the right track with more drop.  A few years back I was having a problem with the gun cycling,and stovepiping spent shells. I came across your info on the forum.  Got a Wolff 25% extra power spring and cleaned and lubed the tube with break-free. Now part of my yearly maintenance - Haven't had a problem since. Thanks again for responding, Benell's really fortunate to have a guy with your expertise on the the forum.